I am trying to launch a Flash movie in Flash Player 8 from
within a compiled help project. But all I get is a blank frame. Can
you help please?
Here's what I did:
(1) Published the video in Flash with FLVPlayer 8 and the
HTML option set to Flash HTTPS (so it would detect if the user had
the right version of Flash at runtime and provide a link to
download Flash if necessary).
(2) Imported the Flash files as baggage files in the RoboHelp
project. There are four files: xxx.html, xxx.swf, xxx.flv, and
SteelExternalAll.swf. The .flv file is about 11 MG.
(3) Put a link in an existing topic (on an image map) to
xxx.html. Target file was set to open in same frame (but also tried
setting it to open in a new window and that didnt' work either).
(4) Generated the compiled help.
(5) Click on the link in the compiled help and you get a
Some curious things:
(1) WebHelp generated from this same project works fine; the
link launches the movie.
(2) RoboHelp says there are no broken links in the project.
(3) The baggage files do indeed seem to be in the .chm file.
If I use "Convert to Source" on the .chm file, I see all four
I've been struggling with this for days and would really
appreciate any suggestions.