1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2015 7:47 AM by A.T. Romano

I updated Premiere 13 and waited a while. And then it said it failed update. What happened? What do I do now?

Em93

No idea what am I suppose to do now? Just said it failed and only option was to close. And said try again later. I only got this software today too

• 1. Re: I updated Premiere 13 and waited a while. And then it said it failed update. What happened? What do I do now?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Em93

What computer operating system is involved? Please describe.

Please clarify. You mean that you moved from an earlier version of Premiere Elements to Premiere Elements 13 and it failed at before or after the Sign In? Or, do you mean that you tried to update Premiere Elements 13 to 13.1 using the project's Help Menu/Updates and that failed?

If it is a 13 to 13.1 Update failure, please see

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE13/13.1: 13.1 Update Failures/Solutions

If it is a 13 install failure, then there are the usual questions...

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled? Are you working in a school or company network?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? Are you running the programs as administrator?

3. Are you working with a pen and tablet device or mouse?

4. Is you video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If none of the above has any impact on the issue of a 13 install failure, then please uninstall, do a free ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

for Mac  CCleaner for Mac OS X

for Windows  CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR