3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2015 5:08 PM by Peter Spier

Quick question

L79

My pointer doesn't change into the loaded graphics icon or loaded text icon when placing images or text. Anybody know why or how I can fix it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Quick question
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

First thing to try is this: Replace Your Preferences

• 2. Re: Quick question
            L79 Level 1

Hello,

Sorry about posting my question twice, that was not intended. Thanks for your answer

About the issue with my pointer, I should have specified that I have already tried to replace my Preference. When that did not work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the App but I am still having this issue.

The odd thing is that, using the Page Tool or Type Tool, the pointer will change accordingly, I only seem to have issue with the loaded icons.

Because I am only just starting to use Indesign, I am starting to wonder if maybe the issue doesn't lie with InDesign but maybe with some other configuration on my Mac. Regardless... Have you ever encounter this issue and do you know of anything else I could try to fix this so that I can see the Loaded Graphics Icon when placing images (I'm a photographer and the reason I want to get proficient with InDesign is to be able to create better customized photobooks - hence why I'd really like to see the loaded icon)

Thank you

• 3. Re: Quick question
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Try with a new user account on the Mac and after starting the Mac with the Shift key held down. If it works in a new user, it's a user problem, if it works with the shift key down it's a software conflict, and if it continues to fail it's either a program problem, a third party plugin problem, or some other conflict with softhearted that runs even when starting with the shift key down.