Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying a long formated text in captivate 8

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

please is there a way to display a long formated text (5 pages) in captivate 8 ?

I have some slides with alot of formated text that i will like to have display.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

I sincerely hope you are not using a CP published project that way? You need to use the companion htm file to start a course, which will invoke the JS and CSS file to launch the SWF. That is the reason why I was bit puzzled. And that may explain your problem of course, since you are not in a browser window, it cannot launch another document in that same window. Moreover the raw Flash Player can only display Flash files, just like Adobe Reader displays pdf-documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you don't want to insert such a document in a slide? Why not offer a link to a pdf with the formatted text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that but it keeps opening on a browser. I want the document to open inside the flash player that is use to view the swf generated file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try 'Current' in the dropdown list under the small triangle to the right of the field where you enter the path to the pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i did and when i click to open the Pdf file nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? Is the path in the link correct? I'm a bit confused by your terminology, Flash Player is always within a browser. I thought you were talking about opening browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the path is correct, "flash player" as in when you double click on a .swf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope you are not using a CP published project that way? You need to use the companion htm file to start a course, which will invoke the JS and CSS file to launch the SWF. That is the reason why I was bit puzzled. And that may explain your problem of course, since you are not in a browser window, it cannot launch another document in that same window. Moreover the raw Flash Player can only display Flash files, just like Adobe Reader displays pdf-documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I will have to find another way to do it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources