4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2015 12:31 PM by ssprengel

images saving from Photoshop to Lightroom are saved way lighter

Jimp22003

I first work on an image in Lightroom. Then, I sent a copy with LR edits to Photoshop where I continue to work on the image. When I am done editing in Photoshop and Save - the image goes back to LR, but the Photoshop Tiff copy in LR is far lighter than the image that was saved from editing in Photoshop. If I open the PS image from finder it looks fine - it is darker than the same file as seen in LR.

• 1. Re: images saving from Photoshop to Lightroom are saved way lighter
          Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are there any develop settings being applied? Check your Develop pane on these. Perhaps there is a default set for tiffs (reset them if that's the case) or you have "Apply auto tone adjustments" set. Check Preferences->Presets.

Lastly it is possible you have a bad display calibration. That can sometimes lead to this effect.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: images saving from Photoshop to Lightroom are saved way lighter
            Jimp22003 Level 1

Hi Jao,

Good suggestions! I checked them and all seems well. I think I may have found the problem, though. I set up a new user account on my mac and started to work from there and things seem to work well from this new account. So, there may be a corruption within LR that was corrected with the new account. Once again thanks for replying.

Jim

• 3. Re: images saving from Photoshop to Lightroom are saved way lighter
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No problem. Waiting for a video rendering and upload to finish ;-)

If it is fixed in another account than it is highly likely that a develop preset or default gets applied to your images. This happens quite easily and has happened to me unknowingly too. Basically you would by accident have hit the Reset button in Develop while the option key was pressed. What you want to do is to go into Preferences->Presets and hit the button that says "Reset all default Develop settings". Then hit reset on your image. If none of that works, you can always trash the Lightroom preferences file. Quit out of Lightroom, go to the Finder. Hit command-Shift-G. Type ~/Library/Preferences/ in the display that you get to reveal the hidden by default preferences folder in your home account. Find the file that is called com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist (you might not see the plist extension on your computer) and drag that to the trash. Now start Lightroom again and your Lightroom should behave as if you just installed it. You might have to point it to your catalog file if it doesn't open with it there but with an empty catalog. File->Open Catalog-> select your main catalog.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: images saving from Photoshop to Lightroom are saved way lighter
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your PS and LR settings may be stored specific to a user account, to starting over with another one is effectively resetting the preferences for each.