• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not working with Safari or Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Firefox and realized Flash was no longer working on YouTube. Updated Flash, now NOTHING works. Adobe, what's going on? If the updates aren't compatible with other browsers, please be more forthcoming.

How can I uninstall my Flash update? I'm frustrated that I've spend HOURS trying to repair the discrepancy. Adobe, wake up!

Can anyone offer any help?

System:

Intel Airbook 2014, OS 10.8.3

Firefox 37.0.1

Safari asks for an update to be compatible, end up at Adobe's site, circular, unable to update. (Fabulous work, Adobe!)

All help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the nuclear option, but also the most likely to resolve whatever is happening:

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

If you find that you're unable to delete one of the files or something, then do this:

See the "Try Disk Utility" section:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203176

While you're there, choose Repair Filesystem Permissions (Verify will frequently return clean, but then Repair will still fix a bunch of problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines