0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2015 5:30 PM by LegendofZeller

Advice: My First PC build (Motion Graphics+Gaming)

LegendofZeller

Hey everyone. This is my first time trying to put together a PC and I just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts for the money Im spending.

The PC will be used primarily for Motion Graphics (Adobe CC suite, After Effects, Premier, and a some Cinema4D) But ALSO gaming. So a nice combo that will work well and wont bog down one another.

Im ordering from a site called cyberpowerpc.com that pre-builds the PC and ships it to me. I would love any feedback possible before I make my purchase. My budget is flexible so suggestions are welcomed.

Things like: the right website to order from, the right video card, wrong parts, if this is a great and sweet deal, or they are ripping me off would help me out a lot.

-The Build-

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Six-Core 3.50GHz 15MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011-V3 [+214]
      • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR4/2400MHz Quad Channel Memory [+268] (Corsair or Major Brand)
      • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS X99 Deluxe ATX w/Wi-Fi 802.11 AC 2.4/5 GHz, Dual Intel GbE LAN, 5x Gen3 PCIe x16, 1 PCIe x4,1x M.2, 10x SATA 6Gb/s [+227]
      • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) [+249] (Single Card)
      • HDD: 512GB ADATA SP900 SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+80] (Combo Drive)
      • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready [+17]
      • CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
      • Some other stuff

Total cost: $2,798

Please let me know what you think! I am knew to all this PC talk and all that jazz so bare with me.