1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2015 8:31 AM by Rick Gerard

Animated object not working properly?

billllybob140

I am learning Ae, using Ae CC 2014 Class Room in a Book, trying to animate Pinwheels. But the Drops in the Lesson 4 are not lining up properly and everything is going haywire can any one help? Ask me any questions. Since I am new to this place please have patience with me trying to understand things.

• 1. Re: Animated object not working properly?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Let me help you ask your question so that it can be answered easily. First, put the CTI (current time indicator) at the point in your timeline where you are having problems. Second, select all layers that you are having problems with. I do not have Lesson 4 so I don't know anything about the lesson except that there are pinwheels and apparently drops so I would select at least one layer with drops because they are not lining up. Now press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the layer with the problem. If you think the problem might have something to do with the source footage make sure that the source footage for the drops layer is selected in the Project Panel so we can see the basic properties. If you think the problem is with the composition then have the composition selected in the project panel so we can see the basic settings. Next, take a screenshot. Press Cmnd + Shift + 3 on a Mac or use the appropriate command for your version of windows. Next, explain exactly in a few words what you did to set up the composition to this point and what is going wrong. Then drag the screenshot into the Reply field on this forum and wait for it to upload and reply so we can see the problem. This does not sound like a software bug but if you suspect it is please include the version of AE and your OS down to the last decimal point. If you suspect a performance problem describe your machine.

I suspect that the anchor point does not line up with the drop. It could also be that your composition was created with non-square pixels. Without details no one without classroom in a book lesson 4 in front of them can tell what you are doing wrong.