3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2015 10:33 PM by A.T. Romano

How can I change Pan & Zoom focus frame size? (rectangle-->Square)

jeongwonp98904588

How can I change Pan & Zoom focus frame size?  (rectangle-->Square)

I could change the focus frame size big and small but not ratio.

Unchecking "Default scale to frame size" didn't help.

(Edit --preference --general --Default scale to frame size)

I want to mixed frame like rectangle and square shape. How can I do that? Thanks.

• 1. Re: How can I change Pan & Zoom focus frame size? (rectangle-->Square)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jeongwonp

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Please assure that the project preset matches the properties of the source media, especially in aspect ratio.

That should impact the aspect ratio situation in the Pan and Zoom workspace.

I want to mixed frame like rectangle and square shape. How can I do that?

Without further details and based on the above, my answer would be no when using the Pan and Zoom Tool.

When you use the Pan and Zoom Tool to apply the pan and zoom effect, the procedure for video is different that than for still.

Have you looked a pan and zoom effects keyframing the Motion/Scale property for Zoom and Motion/Position property for Pan?

Please review and consider and then we can discuss this further.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How can I change Pan & Zoom focus frame size? (rectangle-->Square)
            jeongwonp98904588 Level 1

Thank you so much for taking time to help me.

It's Premiere elements 13 with still images.

What I want to do is making a slideshow (video) from these photos by panning and zooming.

I could not find "Motion/Scale property for Zoom and Motion/Position property for Pan" you mentioned.

It seems the property functions are in Premiere Pro not Premiere elements.

• 3. Re: How can I change Pan & Zoom focus frame size? (rectangle-->Square)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jeongwonp

Thanks for the reply.

I am strictly and Elements Windows user so I stay with Premiere Elements answers.

Please check out the following....

In the Premiere Elements 13 Expert workspace Timeline, select/highlight your clip to which you want to apply the pan and zoom effect.

Then go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded to find the Scale property (for your the zoom)

and the Position property (for your pan). You will use the Toggle Animation icon there to initiate the keyframing of the Scale and/or Position properties. I will go over all this in more detail later in the morning. It is very late in the morning where I am.

What are the pixel dimensions of the photos to which you want to apply the pan and zoom effects? With that information, I can customize the pan and zoom how to and try to find a way for the Pan and Zoom Tool to work for you.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR