4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 7:00 AM by tillyd93

After Effects error when rendering

tillyd93

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 01.18.49 (2).png

"After Effects error: Rendering error while writing file "file_name". An output module failed. The file maybe damaged or corrupted (-1610153464)"

file rendered successfully in draft and poor quality but this error is when best quality.

Tried saving into different location, rendered but the finished film kept stopping every 2 seconds and took 7GB of space. The film is meant to be 55 seconds long.

• 1. Re: After Effects error when rendering
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without exact render settings we can't know what is going on. Presumably you chose a CoDec for your output that has an internal limit.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: After Effects error when rendering
            tillyd93 Level 1

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 12.54.47 (2).pngScreen Shot 2015-04-20 at 12.56.13 (2).png

I have no idea what CoDec is, sorry! These are the settings I've tried to render under

• 3. Re: After Effects error when rendering
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You are using the default Animation codec which is the default codec. You should really study up on rendering and formats. I'm guessing that your connection to the external drive had some data rate problems or started dropping bits. Try another cable or render to your boot drive. You've scaled your latest screenshots to the point where they are very difficult to read, but it looks like everything else is normal except that your top screenshot shows the only footage in the shot looks like it came from a GoPro and your composition frame rate in the Render Settings is showing up as 24. It's not likely that that is the actual frame rate of the footage. Select the footage in the composition in the Project Panel and check out the frame rate. If it is 59.94 then your comp should either be 29.97 or 59.94. Because of the size I suspect that the frame rate is not 24 but 23.976.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 6.54.24 AM.png

This probably did not cause your problem but frame rates are important to understand and use properly.

• 4. Re: After Effects error when rendering
                tillyd93 Level 1

Thank you so much! I eventually found the sneaky codec tab that was hidden away, this should work now!