• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows 8.1 touch. IE11 is my browser. When I try to view a video on any site, I get the message 'install Adobe Flash'. It's already installed & enabled, but when I test it, it shows ,disabled'. I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions but still can't get it to work. I'm probably missing something basic & would appreciate help from anyone who has had this problem & solved it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sheilar9042764,

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue, however please try the steps mentioned in this KB doc. Enable for Internet Explorer .

In case if you still experience any issue, please let us know. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aadesh.Thank you for the reply.As I explained, I have tried all the troubleshooting, including your suggestion.I need to know why I am being asked to install Flash player, when it is already installed & enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sheilar9042764,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, however we can try to resolve this issue.

As you have mentioned that the Adobe Flash player is installed & enabled we can move ahead with the trouble shooting, please follow the steps in this link to disable ActiveX Filtering ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer‌ .

If this too doesn't work I will recommend you to uninstall the Adobe Flash player using the Steps mentioned in this KB doc. Uninstall Flash Player | Windows & once the its completely uninstalled please restart your computer & Install Adobe Flash player using this link : https://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

I hope this should resolve your issue. In case if the issue persist please let us know.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I explained I have tried all the trouble shooting, including disabling activeX (the filter is off = unticked).

With regard to uninstalling Flash player, this appears to be impractical, because Flash is part of IE11. Flash can only be disabled within IE11 (not uninstalled).

Any attempt to uninstall Flash Player from the Control Panel (programs) is prevented, because IE11 is open.

IE11 can not be uninstalled from windows 8 or 8.1, but can be completely disabled.

IE11 is not listed in the programs section of the control panel of my Windows 8.1.

My original problem still needs an answer.

I am looking for someone who has experienced & solved my original problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the absence of any meaningful replies to my original post, I am trying to find the answer myself. This has prompted me to look at Flash Player which is listed separately in my Control Panel.

When I open it, the 'Flash Player Settings Manager' appears. The tabs are: Storage, Camera & Mic, Playback, Updates, Advanced.

All tabs are accessible except Updates, which is Greyed out, I can't change any of the options. The dot is not in 'Allow Adobe to install Updates' (recommended).

Does anyone know why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your installed Flash Player version?

You cannot update Flash Player for IE on Windows 8; this is done by Microsoft via Windows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My current version of Flash Player: 17.0.0.169

The version is shortened to 17.0.0 on the Flash Player Help, Test Page from Adobe.

You say 'you can not update Flash Player for IE',

Do you mean that the 'Flash Player Settings Manager' is permanently Greyed out?

The dot is fixed in 'notify me to install updates'.

Do you mean that updates are sent to me by Adobe, for me to download & install (embed) into Windows IE 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to forums.

I have a message (topic moved to flash player forum). How do I get to the flash player forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines