4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 10:39 AM by chrisgv

InDesign CS6 - Different PageTransitions

chrisgv

Hello,

I'm trying to create a faux sort of sliding gallery with indesign.

Each page will have a previous and next button. When a user clicks next, the next page is wiped in from the right. If the user clicks previous, the previous page would wipe in from left.

Another user posted this: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1367737

Which I think is basically the same question, but the answer of changing even/odd pages to different transitions doesn't work for me as each page would essentially have to transition differently, depending on the button clicked.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 - Different PageTransitions
          Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

You can accomplish this effect of different page transitions within a PDF, but it is definitely a kludge. Basically you will need to have  a page duplicate for every page. A page transition is triggered when an user goes from one page to another. So you will need to create both scenarios; one scenario of a user going from page 2 to 3, and the second scenario of a user going from page 3 to 2. The buttons that you will need are not true [next and previous], rather buttons going to the correct destination for the transition to work correctly. My suggestion might be too difficult to explain and easier to see an ID doc along with the PDF. I have created an example, and if you are interested, I can send you these documents.

• 2. Re: InDesign CS6 - Different PageTransitions
            chrisgv Level 1

Thank you for the reply Jeffrey. I began making my document and surprisingly, it seems to work. I chose the "push (left)" page transition and when i move between pages, the direction changes automatically (even though all transitions are set to left). I find it really weird, but at least it's doing what I want...

• 3. Re: InDesign CS6 - Different PageTransitions
              Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

For whatever reason, when I set up a document to experiment with, the page transitions only went one way (the direction set in the page transition panel). I revised my test doc to verify your claim, and now the transitions go in both directions... go figure.

• 4. Re: InDesign CS6 - Different PageTransitions
                chrisgv Level 1

I know...exact same thing happened to me. I played around with it at first and couldn't get it to work and then posted the question. When I changed the transition type to push, it seemed to work afterwards. Still not sure why it pushes to the right even though the transition says left though.

Again, thank you for your reply/help.