Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with printing barcodes

Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed a form from Canada Immigration which is supposed to generate barcodes after it is validated.  The form appears to validate correctly, and adds a page for the barcodes, but does not display or print the barcodes. I know the Canadian Immigration office will not accept the form without barcodes ..... can anyone help.  As this is a widely used form, I'm confident that the form itself is OK.

For reference I am using an iMac machine, and have downloaded the 2015 version of Acrobat Reader DC

Many thanks - Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

I assume you got it working, but I had that issue and found a way to solve it. I leave it here for other Googlers who arrives here with the same issue:

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader, not Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

On the web to download Acrobat Reader select your operating system, language and then the version that doesn't contains the DC in the name (at the moment of this writing the current version is: Reader 11.0).

Fullscreen_2_18_16__6_01_PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you fill that form online at the website, or did you download it first to your local disk and fill it from there?

Also, can you post a link to that form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the form and completed it locally.  Maybe that was my mistake, but the website allowed me to download!

You can find IMM5257 in the search box on this page.     Find application forms and guides

Many thanks for your help.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the form to my local disk, filled in the required data, then clicked on the Validate button.  It created these barcodes (near the bottom of the form):

barcodes.png

(using Reader DC on Windows 7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's a problem with my set-up then!

I am using the very latest version of Reader DC - 2015.007.20033   on a Mac machine running OS X 10.9.5

I downloaded both Reader and the form using Google Chrome browser.

I have tried the re-boot trick - no difference.

I am now going to try filling the form online.

Many thanks again - Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with mac OS X 10.9.5 .. Has anybody answered this question already? I am trying to fill up a Canadian Immigration form that is supposed to generate a barcode but I can't view the barcode. I tried it on windows 7 and it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in my original response, download the form to your local disk first, then fill it from there with the latest Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2015 Jun 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but if you open the pdf in Preview on a Mac, it will print the barcode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the same form. This happened to me with the last Adobe update, but somehow it got resolved. I had to click "agree" on the licensing agreement, but I can't find aone this time. How do you open the pdf in preview on a mac? It automatically goes to Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me on a Mac: validating doesn't produce bar codes. i guess i have to dust off old Windows PC as start the applications all over unless someone has answer to original question (Bar codes not producing on a Mac with Reader DC)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello .. any solutions for this .. I am having the same problem on mac . Validated the forms no barcodes. Please help . Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update to the latest version available of Reader. It might solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you got it working, but I had that issue and found a way to solve it. I leave it here for other Googlers who arrives here with the same issue:

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader, not Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

On the web to download Acrobat Reader select your operating system, language and then the version that doesn't contains the DC in the name (at the moment of this writing the current version is: Reader 11.0).

Fullscreen_2_18_16__6_01_PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2016 Jun 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've been searching for weeks for a solution, and your advice to use Adobe Reader instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC finally worked. Hard to believe the Canadian government has not noticed this problem and fixed it by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this is something Adobe needs to fix, as the bug was introduced in the latest version of Reader by them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! Im on a Mac OS 10.10.5 and had this happen to me too!! Your answer was the only thing that solved it!! Very much appreciated!!

All the best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, bro. 

I had the same issue and I got it solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. I am using acrobat pro dc , so as i saw your recommendation  and checked for other version of adobe reader , I didn't see any other version except acrobat dc . so whats wrong with that ???

when I clieck on validate to generate barconde , the page for barcode will created but it does not like a barcode . just a simple code like imm008-12-01 up to 09

so ?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the page above and select Windows XP as your OS and you'll get a link for Reader XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Print as Image Solution does not work for me, and I have no way to download a different version of Adobe.

This is what worked: In Adobe, I went to File + Print. Under Comments & Forms, I changed my setting from Documents to Documents & Markups. The barcode did print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines