6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2015 1:45 PM by charlesk29914520

Camera raw update problem loaded on cs6 32bit but not the default 64bit.

charlesk29914520

Hi to all.

Can you help?  I recently updated to 8.8 camera raw after buying a new camera and there was a problem with the installation.  It told me that there was a problem writing to cs6.  I clicked ignore an the installation completed.  The problem is that it has updated to the 32bit version but still shows 7.1 on the 64bit (default).  I am running on windows 7 64 bit.  Any hel[p with a solution would be appreciated.

Thanks

Update

I did a bit more research on the forum and found a discussion referring to pse which gave instruction to open the archive on the camera raw exe. file and manually copy the 8bi files into the correct location in the C drive eg:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats    and

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats

Wait for it this didn't work and completely removed camera raw from the about plugin menu on ps6 64 bit.  It worked on cs6 32 bit.

The solution was to then reinstall the plugin via the installation .exe file and all was back as it should be.   The only problen now is that adobe bridge has the camera raw preferences greyed out.....I am working on a fix for this and will post if I find it.  I hope this helps someone.