4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 9:22 PM by TucsonJeff1

Screen garble after "publishing" in MP4 format to computer

TucsonJeff1 Level 1

I'm using Premiere Elements 13 on a PC, and have downloaded all updates. I made a small video, and "published" it in MP4 format to my computer. When I play it, there's approximately a half second's worth of screen garble at the very beginning, but then the video plays okay after that. How can I get rid of this garble? It happens in other small test videos as well. I tried going to "Field Options / Flicker Removal" but no luck. I've used version 11 in the past but never had this problem. Thanks for any help on this subject!

• 1. Re: Screen garble after "publishing" in MP4 format to computer
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TucsonJeff1

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 13/13.1? Are you running the programs as administrator?

What are the properties of the source media for the project....video compression, audio compression, file extension, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio? Any special effects applied to the Timeline content?

What are the details of your export....Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = one of the .mp4 presets...are you using default preset settings or customizing the preset under its Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, and, if applicable, Multiplexer Tab?

The information requested above will help us to define the troubleshooting necessary to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On...a screenshot of the green garble might help.

• 2. Re: Screen garble after "publishing" in MP4 format to computer
            TucsonJeff1 Level 1

Hi, ATR, and thanks for your quick response. In my original inquiry, I failed to mention that the problem occurred using VLC media player. Originally, I didn't use the Windows Media player as it didn't support MPG files. However, today I downloaded a codec-pack which enables Windows Media player to play MPG files. While playing the "problem" video in Windows Media player, I noticed no problem as reported earlier. The problem persists only when I'm using VLC media player. I also downloaded the most current version of QuickTime. So, my problems are now solved. Thanks again for your time and considerations toward my problem. Jeff

• 3. Re: Screen garble after "publishing" in MP4 format to computer
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jeff

Great news. Great job of sorting through the issues to arrive at the solutions that worked for you.

The latest version of QuickTime probably was a major factor. But, locating a codec pack to enable mpeg playback with Windows Media Player was a good find.

When all was said and done, did the VLC player ever playback without the issue?

Do you use Windows 8 or 8.1 64 bit computer? That has a known Microsoft Windows Media Player problem with MPEG2.mpg playback. Did you Windows Media Player involve the Windows Media Center?

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 4. Re: Screen garble after "publishing" in MP4 format to computer
                TucsonJeff1 Level 1

ATR

No, the VLC player still plays back with the pixel aberration at the beginning (even if only for a half second or so), but it doesn't bother me now that I know that my MPG videos play without problems in other media players (like Windows Media Player). I'm using 64-bit Windows 8.1.  I don't know much about Windows Media Center; it's not on my system, but appears to be downloadable from Microsoft if I want it.  Like I stated earlier, I was a user of Premiere Elements version 11 but, for reasons too much to go into right now, I started using PowerDirector 12 by Cyberlink. Big mistake. Keyframing in PowerDirector is a nightmare (at least it was for me!). In Premiere Elements, keyframing is so easy, quite logical, you can do it in a much more precise and exacting manner, and the interface for this task is quite consistent as opposed to the many different screens that PowerDirector uses for keyframing. I'm really glad I re-invested my time and dollars with Adobe Premiere Elements (plus I like most of the new features in this version!).

Thanks again for your help, and best wishes to you!

Jeff