4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2016 6:20 AM by Steve Grisetti

Is it possible to download more DVD menu's for premiere elements13?

Carla68

I would like to download more menu's for making a DVD? Is it possible to download more menu's for premiere elements13?

• 1. Re: Is it possible to download more DVD menu's for premiere elements13?
          whsprague Adobe Community Professional

One of the "MVPs" here, Steve Grisitti, has a website where you can get them.  You have to subscribe, but the fee seems reasonable.   http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=47

ATR, I know you probably know of others, so please weigh in here.

• 2. Re: Is it possible to download more DVD menu's for premiere elements13?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Carla

The Slideshows/Pan and Zoom Movie Menu theme comes complete with the install of Premiere Elements 13/13.1. The rest of the Movie Menu themes are found incomplete on the hard drive after the install of the program and are only completed by the "content download" process which is done in the Tools Menu/Movie Menu display of themes area. Have you been there and found all of these themes and are looking for more?

If so, Adobe does not offer additional Movie Menu themes free or not free. If you do not see an appropriate theme for your project in the what is, my first suggestion would be to explore and experiment with customizing one of the existing themes in the Movie Menu customization of the opened project.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/creating-disc-menus.html

If the above approach does not give you enough customization for an existing menu, then you need to think to editing the main menu and scene menu .psd files in Photoshop CS or higher. I have written many detailed how to on that.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: Disc Menu Folders/Files Locations

At first look, the task may sound overwhelming, but it is not as hard to do as one might think. But you do need a psd editor and typically that means Photoshop CS or higher. In rare occasions, Photoshop Elements might be used instead.

Pre-made Movie Menu themes can also be obtained from a subscriber web site. There is one place at that web site where you can get a free DVD template without subscription, just free registering and free download. See "te-Generic DVD Menu Template" at the bottom of the following web page

*** Welcome to Muvipix.com ***

But be aware that there are problems with some of the Adobe existing themes which may or may not be corrected by using 3rd party Movie Menu themes. If you want to try to customize one of the Adobe existing themes, I would be glad for the opportunity to work with you on that in full detail. And, if you need help with customizing the "te-Generic DVD Menu Template" within the opened project, please let me know. The principle for that particular menu traces back to the Generic One menu found in some earlier versions of Premiere Elements.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Is it possible to download more DVD menu's for premiere elements13?
              StephanieLee

Hi. You are awesome. I have been following you and Steve Grisetti for some time. I am working on a slideshow that I am making in pre14 because I wanted to add some cool effects. The "movie" is for a Court of Honor celebrating my sons' troop of Eagle Scouts. That being said, none of the menu templates work for that theme. I have attempted some customization of the basic templates, but was still hoping for more. I have searched and searched online for plug-ins and cannot find anything that fits the theme in the way of templates, which brought me to this forum.

I would need multi scene markers, like 15? If I wanted each dvd to have a spot where the user could just skip ahead to their son's section. I did look at your tutorial about adding scene buttons, but it appeared to be over my head and software, I have premiere and photoshop elements 14 bundle.

I was trying to use a mask and make a cut-out eagle transition between clips, and fun stuff like that. Since there isn't easy (lazy) style content on the web in the form of templates and plug-ins, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for all your great posts! I am sure you are helping so many more people than you know!

• 4. Re: Is it possible to download more DVD menu's for premiere elements13?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

My web site does have a DVD menu template with 18 scenes one one page. Because there are so many scenes, there are not thumbnail images. It's text only. But we created specifically for the purpose of squeezes so many scenes on one page.

You can find it here:

*** DVD menus ***

It's called te-Generic Text DVD Menu Template. Look for the one with 18 scenes on it.

You'll find instructions for installing new menus on our site. Follow them precisely! (For instance, if you don't include a Downloaded.txt file in your template folder, the program will erase your template the first time you open the program!)

Where do I find and install Movie Menu templates?

But not that ANY template will incorporate as many scenes as you need. If you have more scene markers than there are on a menu page, the program will generate as many pages as necessary to accommodate all of the scenes.

And you'll find much more detail in my books on Amazon, of course!