• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium will not Reinstall: Says Serial Number is not "Valid"

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat support has been no help.  I uninstalled Creative Suite 6 because I was having issues with some of the software and hoped that a reinstall would solve the problem.  Now the software will not reinstall.  It takes me to the validation screen where it asks for the serial number and says "We are unable to validate this serial number for CS6 Design and Web Premium.  Please contact customer service," when i type the serial number in.  I have now gone through THREE chat sessions with "customer support" in which they have sent me a link to download the same program, and it would not reload because of the serial number, and then have walked me TWICE through a multitude of tasks that have not solved the problem.  They keep asking me the same questions again and again, ignore my own questions to them, and cannot give me any information that actually helps.  The phone system will not support Creative Suite.  I NEED this software to reload as I've already missed one publishing deadline and will miss another if I cannot use this software, which, at the moment, seems to be a $350 coaster.

This is the same disc I used to install the software originally.  I installed it on my old laptop and used it there without incident until my new laptop came (a period of about two months).  I then Uninstalled the software from the old lap top and installed it on the new one, again, without incident.  When I found that the icons for switching between tools in Photoshop and Illustrator were so small I could not see them, and they seemingly could not be adjusted within the program, I uninstalled the software, and at this point is when the software would not reinstall on the same computer it was on in the first place.  My software is official, on a physical disc, and registered to my account with Adobe.  What do I do?  I just opened this press five months ago, and I cannot justify a Creative Cloud membership with the amount of work I'm actually putting out at the moment, and especially not with the terrible customer service I have been receiving so far.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to say that you never actually used the software on the new machine, you just installed it and found things not sized to your liking and then uninstalled.  Did you deactivate any of the installations before you uninstalled?  Did they reset your activations when they were going thru things with you?  Did they have you run the CS Cleaner Tool?   Have you tried downloading the installation files instead of using the disk? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did use In Design on the new computer, and I think (though I am not certain) that I did open some files and re-edit them for cover art in Photoshop, but when I attempted to use it recently, the icons for all the tools were so small they were not visible.  I'm beginning to think I should have just figuted out a way to work with that.

As for your suggestions, yes to the last one, but no to any of the others.  Thank you for giving me something to suggest in the next chat session.  I am so frustrated at this point that i am beginning to regret my decision to go with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you never deactivated, and neither did they, then that is likely to be a reason for not being able to activate again.  Contact them thru chat and ask them to reset your activations.

Chat support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat option...

Serial number and activation chat support (non-CC)
http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service1.html ( http://adobe.ly/1aYjbSC )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines