16 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2015 3:37 PM by A.T. Romano

Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique

andré45

• 1. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
          A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

You have not supplied enough information with which to help you. Details are needed.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of what you are importing into the project when you get the error message?

a. brand/model/settings of camera that recorded the video would help

b. knowing whether video or still or iTunes music file

c. other

Looking forward to information to help us help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
            andré45 Level 1

Hi;

Here is some information :

1=Using Adobe Premiere  elements 11, reloaded in  trying to avoid this issue.

2=DVD copied from VHS-C film through Toshiba DVR630KC recorder

3=VTS_01_1.VOB property format when trying to import into Adobe P.E. 11

4=This copied DVD  plays very well on my computer and any regular VCR

5=I also have reloaded Quick Time Player

6=No information available on the camcorder for this video.

7=Adobe works fine with any videos from my own Sony camcorder in AVCDH format.

If more information needed do not hesitate to come back to me.

Regards and thanks for your help

André45

De : A.T. Romano 

Envoyé : 20 avril 2015 22:36

À : andré vézina

Objet :  Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7456675#7456675>

• 3. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
              A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thank you for the reply with details of your issue.

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running? Windows or Mac...which edition?

I need to confirm what you are bringing into Premiere Elements 11

a. DVD disc inserted into burner tray, disc containing a VIDEO_TS Folder containing the DVD video file VTS_01_1.VOB and others.

or

b. DVD disc with inserted into burner tray, disc containing loose VTS_01_1.VOB file....no VIDEO_TS Folder

How is this VTS_01_1.VOB being imported into the Premiere Elements 11 project

a. Add Media/ Files and Folders/Project Assets, from hard drive save location

or

b. Add Media/"DVD camera or computer drive"/Video Importer, from burner drive location?

Is this DVD video file (VTS_01_1.VOB) 4:3 or 16:9?

We will decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                andré45 Level 1

Hi;

Please find more information on the above subject :

1=  I am using Windows’7 premium 64 BITS,Intel processor i7 3770K,ASUS P8B75M-LE USB 3.0,NVIDIA GEFORCE GT640 2GB

2=. DVD disc inserted into burner tray, disc containing a VIDEO_TS Folder containing the DVD video file VTS_01_1.VOB

3=  This VTS_01_1.VOB is being imported into the Premiere Elements 11 project directly from the burner tray location,

one of which is not a Blu-Ray, by ‘’add video’’ fonction in Adobe.

4= This DVD video file (VTS_01_1.VOB) is in 4:3. I also tried 16.9,  same issue.

Feel free to ask more questions if ever needed.

Best regards and thanks again

André45

De : A.T. Romano 

Envoyé : 21 avril 2015 16:50

À : andré vézina

Objet :  Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7460407#7460407>

• 5. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                  andré45 Level 1

Hi :

The requested information about the camcorder that took these VHS-C videos is as follow:

JVC-GR-FXM540

Regards

André45

• 6. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thanks for the replies with details.

From what you wrote you should not be having the problems described.

1. You start out with content on VHS which you convert to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

2. The disc is displaying the structure of DVD-VIDEO (VIDEO_TS Folder)

3. The VIDEO_TS Folder contains the DVD video file VTS_01_1.VOB and not the VTS_01_0.VOB which typically relates to menus.

4.  You use Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer and when you hit Get Media in the Video Importer you get an Import Generic Error Message.

Is all of that the way it is? If so,

Suggestions...

1. If you go to the DVD disc in the burner tray and open the disc there to explore its contents, can you open the VIDEO_TS Folder, find the VTS_01_1.VOB file, and play it in Windows Media Player from there? If you can, copy the VTS_01_1.VOB file there and paste it to the computer desktop. Then from the computer desktop, import that file into Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. Does the VTS_01_1.VOB import into the project?

You may have to set the project preset manually to PAL DV Standard before you do this suggestion. Otherwise, you may end up with a NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i25 project instead of a PAL DV Standard project.

2. If suggestion 1 does not help, then repeat suggestion 1 but this time start by renaming the file

To VTS_01_1.mpeg

Then try to import that file extension renamed file into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets

3. If that does not work, then I would like you to go into the Elements Organizer workspace and create a new catalog. See File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager. And, try to import the VTS_01_1.VOB into the Premiere Elements Editor by the various ways mentioned.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                      andré45 Level 1

Hi Mr.Romano:

Sorry if it took me some time to get back to you.

Frankly I gave up on this issue, it is getting too much  complicated for me, however see what I have found and what seems to be  my real issue.

After reading all that and more, The Toshiba DVR630 recorder, is not properly  fitted to record DVD and be imported into editing programs, such as Adobe,

that seems to be my main issue.

Best regards and thanks for your help anyway.

André45

A.T. Romano(https://forums.adobe.com/message/2117743#2117743">DVD - VOB Files - The Lowdown 

the_wine_snob 2012-06-02 15:52 

We often see people trying to edit existing DVD-Videos. Some seem to be able to do this fine, while others struggle mightily. What’s the deal? Why can’t one just Import those VOB files and edit happily away?

Let’s go back to the basics just a bit. A .VOB file is a "Video Object File." As such, and by the DVD-specs., it can contain quite a bit of stuff. Some of this is beyond just the Audio & Video contained in the usually present MPEG-2 file, which is hidden inside the VOB. This VOB can contain subtitles, Menus, and ROM content, to name but a few. With simple VOB’s, one can often play them, if they are just renamed to .MPEG, though not always. In the case where this works, one does not need a DVD software player. Any player program that can handle MPEG-2 can play the file.

The structure and elements of a DVD-Video DVD-5 (4.7GB, single sided, single layer) will be in most cases:

AUDIO_TS folder (usually empty). May also not be present.

VIDEO_TS folder, which contains VIDEO_TS.IFO (Video Manager.info), VIDEO_TS.BUP (VMGI.backup), VTS_01_0.IFO (Video Title #1.info), VTS_01_1.VOB (Video Title #1.video), and more of these, incremented by 1. Depending on the number of "titles" on a particular disc, the numbers can range up to the limit of 99. For Projects from most NLE/authoring programs will only have one "title," so you’ll likely not see more than 4 VOB’s and their accompanying IFO’s and BUP’s. The VOB’s will be approximately 1GB in size, the upper limit.

The title of the "movie" inside the VIDEO_TS folder will be contained in the .IFO and the BUP files. If you open up a DVD-Video in Windows Explorer, you’ll see just the folders, and no name, or anything else. The same is for the file names inside the folder(s). They will look the same for all DVD-Videos, though the exact number of these will differ, depending on the structure and number of discrete titles on the disc. It’s not until one opens the DVD-Video in either a software player, or in a set-top player, that the IFO files will play, allowing the player to then access and work with the .VOB’s, via the instructions that are contained in the IFO and BUP files.

Editing a VOB can be a tricky, as it can contain all those different things. Ripping the MPEG-2 file from the VOB is usually the best approach. That is what PrPro, PE, or other NLE’s (Non Linear Editor) attempt to do. Sometimes, it works fine, but sometimes it does not. Another problem can be when there are multiple VOB’s, as the MPEG-2 files can span multiple VOB’s, as they cannot contain more than about 1GB of data. This is why a DVD-Video can only have 1GB of space for ALL Menus and their elements.

As VOB’s can contain the full menuing structure (this will be the first VOB), unless this structure is done 100% by the DVD-specs, there will be issues. Most DVD-recorders include some form of menuing, and most do not do it perfectly. This WILL create issues. Ripping via software will likely be the only answer, or doing a manual capture from a set-top DVD player, hooked up appropriately to your computer with a capture card, or bridge, and using the software that came with that device. You will not have any "device control," so you must start the capture software, hit Record, and then start your DVD in its player. If you do this, make certain that you capture to DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit Audio.

Once one has edited the Audio & Video contained in the .VOB(s), the process to get the resulting Project back into DVD-Video form is to Burn to DVD. This is the authoring process.

Three things happen:

1.) The edited file is Transcoded to MPEG-2. If you were working from a VOB already, the Audio & Video material has already been Transcoded to MPEG-2, in which there will already be compression of the data. If you do this again, there will be more compression of the data, resulting in a loss in quality

. Some NLE’s can do "smart rendering/encoding." None of the programs from Adobe can do this, as they are designed to work with material captured from a miniDV tape camera. While they can handle other footage, there will be compromises. When designed, DV-AVI Type II was chosen as the base workflow, because that was what most miniDV tape cameras produced. The introduction of flash memory, miniDVD, and hard drive cameras, plus the introduction of HD, has changed things a bit, and will continue to change them over the next versions of the programs.

2.) The folder structure and the necessary files are created.

3.) The above material is then physically Burned to a DVD-Video, or is copied to a folder on the computer in the required, and necessary form and structure.

In the case of the former, one can then play the DVD-Video via a software player on a computer, or on a set-top player hooked to a TV or display device. In the case of the latter, one needs a software player to play the files in the VOB, with the instructions coming from the IFO, or the BUP files.

Hunt

5. Re: DVD - VOB Files - The Lowdown  

the_wine_snob 2009-12-23 15:05 (en réponse à the_wine_snob)  

Now, I use a Panasonic that can play either VHS, or DVD's, and can burn from a VHS to a DVD-Video. However, the only thing that I use the DVD aspect for is doing an archive of the VHS tape. Instead of using that DVD, I use an Analog to Digital (A-D) bridge to get my digitized material to the HDD. The reason for this are two-fold:

1.) When a DVD-Video is created, the digitized material is compressed into MPEG-2 format. When you later want to edit this material, it is already compressed, and in what is called a GOP (Group of Pictures) format, and all frames are not there. You have one traditional Frame, and the next ~ 15 are only "difference" frames, which do not contain all of the info, only links back to that last full Frame, the I-frame. If one is going to edit, they need ALL I-frames, and PrE creates those, so one can edit at a Frame-level. When done, if they want to end up with an edited DVD-Video, that footage will have to be compressed again, into MPEG-2. By doing the capture via the A-D bridge, I save that file to DV-AVI Type II, which is ALL I-frame, and edits nicely in PrE. Then, when finished, and I go to my edited DVD-Video, I only have one MPEG-2 compression, and not the 2 that you will have. The quality is much higher.

2.) As stated above, DVR's, most similar machines and many software authoring programs do not follow the DVD-specs 100%. These results will give problems, and usually with the first VOB, which also contains Menus, etc. The use of an A-D bridge bypasses these problems, as all you have are the pure DV-AVI Type II files w/ nothing else included.

I am a big fan of the Canopus ADVC-300 A-D bridge, but their much less expensive unit, the ADVC-110, or the similar unit, the ADS Pyro AV Link, can do all that you would want. The only real advantage of their 300 model is with the Timebase corrections for color balance and gamma correction, plus other corrections. However, it's more expensive and all of those corrections can be done in PrE, though they do take some work and time. For me, being able to do them at the time of capture saves me time.

There are cheaper A-D units, like the Dazzle, but I don't know of anyone, who's ever gotten them to work. We get dozens of users with them each year. The vast majority throw those units into the trash and go with the Canopus, or the Pyro instead.

Good luck,

Hunt

Best regards and thanks for your help anyway.

André45

Le 22/04/15, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique created by Premiere Elements - View the full discussion(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7468710#7468710)   

andre45

Thanks for the replies with details.

From what you wrote you should not be having the problems described.

1. You start out with content on VHS which you convert to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc.

2. The disc is displaying the structure of DVD-VIDEO (VIDEO_TS Folder)

3. The VIDEO_TS Folder contains the DVD video file VTS_01_1.VOB and not the VTS_01_0.VOB which typically relates to menus.

4.  You use Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 64 bit Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer and when you hit Get Media in the Video Importer you get an Import Generic Error Message.

Is all of that the way it is? If so,

Suggestions...

1. If you go to the DVD disc in the burner tray and open the disc there to explore its contents, can you open the VIDEO_TS Folder, find the VTS_01_1.VOB file, and play it in Windows Media Player from there? If you can, copy the VTS_01_1.VOB file there and paste it to the computer desktop. Then from the computer desktop, import that file into Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. Does the VTS_01_1.VOB import into the project?

You may have to set the project preset manually to PAL DV Standard before you do this suggestion. Otherwise, you may end up with a NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i25 project instead of a PAL DV Standard project.

2. If suggestion 1 does not help, then repeat suggestion 1 but this time start by renaming the file

To VTS_01_1.mpeg

Then try to import that file extension renamed file into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets

3. If that does not work, then I would like you to go into the Elements Organizer workspace and create a new catalog. See File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager. And, try to import the VTS_01_1.VOB into the Premiere Elements Editor by the various ways mentioned.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7468710#7468710 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7468710#7468710

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email <discussions-community-premiere_elements@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community(https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=32 71)

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

>

• 8. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thanks for the follow up and glad for the opportunity to try to clarify the information here and also what you wrote at another forum on this matter.

DVR630 recording in VTS VOB format - TOSHIBA FORUMS

DVD-VIDEO structure is a known matter. It starts with a VIDEO_TS Folder, and that folder contains folders and files each with a different functions. The DVD video files are in that VIDEO_TS Folder, and they typically have the file name VTS_01_1.VOB and continue in series - as one reaches its file size limit, another is generated VTS_01_2.VOB and so on. Those VTS_ files use MPEG2 video compression and have a file extension of VOB. That file extension represents what is called a wrapper/container format.

If you replace them (the VTS_ files) with anything else, you do not have DVD-VIDEO structure.

Some claim lack of compatibility related to these VTS_01_1.VOB files with video editors and insist that they (MPEG2.VOB) need to be converted to MPEG2.mpg files before being imported into a video editor. These same people typically promote a video converter to be purchased to correct all. Most of the time Premiere Elements handles these vob files well...you insert your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc in the burner tray and use Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video importer.

So far I have seen no evidence that your Toshiba is not producing compliant VOB files. Is the Toshiba finalizing the disc before you take the disc to Premiere Elements Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive? Yet, as I recall, you said that you do not have any problems playing back that DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc your players outside of Premiere Elements. Is that correct? Please look at the properties of your VTS_01_1.VOB file. What is its frame size 720 x 576 or 540 x 480 or other? What do you see as the pixel aspect ratio for these files?

Please review and consider, and then we can think about ruling out any MPEG2.VOB vs MPEG2.mpg issues.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                          andré45 Level 1

Hi Mr.Romano:

Here is more information about my Adobe VOB file issue:

1= The DVD was finalized with Toshiba before importing into Adobe

2= I do not get generic error after importing anymore.

3= Right, there is no issue to play back this DVD on my two STANDARD VCR, very good quality,  however not compatible with my Blu-Ray VCR. That is OK.

4= Sound is well following the frame tracking.

5= Find below the information on this short VOB file, test no 33-003.VOB:

A= Sequence type :  MPEG

B= File size            :  20.7 MO

C= Frame size       :  720 X 480

D= Frame rate       :   29.97

E= Audio source    : 48,000HZ stereo compressed

F= Audio Project    : 48,000HZ, 32 bits stereo

G= Total lenght      : 00.00.46.00

H= L/H Pixel report: 0.9091

Thanks a lot Mr. Romano for your good patience with me on this VOB file issue,

your help is very much appreciated.

Best regards

André45

Le 05/05/15, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique created by A.T. Romano(https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano) in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7512577#7512577)   

andre45

Thanks for the follow up and glad for the opportunity to try to clarify the information here and also what you wrote at another forum on this matter.

DVR630 recording in VTS VOB format - TOSHIBA FORUMS(http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Blu-ray-DVD-Players-Recorders/DVR630-recording-in-VTS-VOB-for mat/td-p/646932)

DVD-VIDEO structure is a known matter. It starts with a VIDEO_TS Folder, and that folder contains folders and files each with a different functions. The DVD video files are in that VIDEO_TS Folder, and they typically have the file name VTS_01_1.VOB and continue in series - as one reaches its file size limit, another is generated VTS_01_2.VOB and so on. Those VTS_ files use MPEG2 video compression and have a file extension of VOB. That file extension represents what is called a wrapper/container format.

If you replace them (the VTS_ files) with anything else, you do not have DVD-VIDEO structure.

Some claim lack of compatibility related to these VTS_01_1.VOB files with video editors and insist that they (MPEG2.VOB) need to be converted to MPEG2.mpg files before being imported into a video editor. These same people typically promote a video converter to be purchased to correct all. Most of the time Premiere Elements handles these vob files well...you insert your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc in the burner tray and use Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video importer.

So far I have seen no evidence that your Toshiba is not producing compliant VOB files. Is the Toshiba finalizing the disc before you take the disc to Premiere Elements Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive? Yet, as I recall, you said that you do not have any problems playing back that DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc your players outside of Premiere Elements. Is that correct? Please look at the properties of your VTS_01_1.VOB file. What is its frame size 720 x 576 or 540 x 480 or other? What do you see as the pixel aspect ratio for these files?

Please review and consider, and then we can think about ruling out any MPEG2.VOB vs MPEG2.mpg issues.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7512577#7512577 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7512577#7512577

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email <discussions-community-premiere_elements@adobe-v7.hosted.jivesoftware.com> or at Adobe Community(https://forums.adobe.com/choose-container.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=32 71)

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

>

• 10. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thank you for the reply and good news that you wrote

3= Right, there is no issue to play back this DVD on my two STANDARD VCR, very good quality,  however not compatible with my Blu-Ray VCR. That is OK.

G= Total length      : 00.00.46.00

It sounds like everything is good. The file that you describe has properties of DVD-VIDEO Standard 4:3 NTSC and not PAL. Is that what you wanted?

We are so pleased that you stayed with the issue and worked through it to success. Well done.

If all is working for you now, do not change anything. But, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 11. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                              andré45 Level 1

Hi M. Romano;

I believe there is a misunderstanding here;

I just reported what I always have been doing, in my previous email,  as per your last raised email questionning:

The VOB file were always imported in Adobe,  this is only the reading result in ADOBE that is not acceptable.

All fuzzy and all horizontal elements are flashing back and forth.

Even if ADOBE was reporting: '' GENERIC ERROR REPORTED BY IMPORTATION MODULE ''

it was always accepted and imported in Adobe correctly.

(This issue was corrected by changing to : documents in user files.)

This is not an importing issue in Adobe, but the not acceptable reading results by Adobe, after importation.

Still always at same square one,  about this issue,  as before.

Sorry about the misunderstanding generated by my last report.

Regards

André45

Le 05/05/15, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique created by A.T. Romano(https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano) in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7515902#7515902)   

andre45

Thank you for the reply and good news that you wrote

G= Total length      : 00.00.46.00

It sounds like everything is good. The file that you describe has properties of DVD-VIDEO Standard 4:3 NTSC and not PAL. Is that what you wanted?

We are so pleased that you stayed with the issue and worked through it to success. Well done.

If all is working for you now, do not change anything. But, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7515902#7515902 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7515902#7515902

>

• 12. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thank you for the clarification message in post 11.

Let me ask you this...

When you import your VTS_01_1.VOB into Premiere Elements 11, have you first manually set the project preset to

NTSC

DV Standard

and then gone through the Expert workspace's Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video Importer process to Get Media for the project?

If you have let the project do the project settings automatically, please tell us what you are now reading for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Are all the import generic error messages gone at this time?

Thank you.

ATR

• 13. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                                  andré45 Level 1

Hi !

I never touched the original setting in Adobe for a project before. I have let the project do the project settings automatically.

However, here is what I read in the new project set-up file:

1= FIRST PAGE      : Project set-up: NTSC-AVCHD-AVCHD 1080P60

2= SECOND PAGE:

GENERAL

A= EDITING MODE     : AVCHD SQUARE PIXELS

B= TIME BASE            : 59.94i/S

VIDEO SETTING

A= FRAME SIZE          : 1920H 1080V (1,0000) 16.9

B= FRAME RATE     : 59.94 FRAME / S

C= L/H PIXEL RATE : SQUARE PIXELS  (1.0 )       

D= TRAM                     : NONE (PROGRESSIVE SEARCH )

AUDIO SET UP

SAMPLING                 : 48,000 SAMPLES/S

EDITING BY DEFAULT

TOTAL VIDEO RAM   :  3

MAIN TYPE RAM       : STEREO

MONO RAM               :  0

STEREO RAM            :  3

RAMS                          : 15

DV INTER                   :  48kHz STANDARD

N.B. All the import generic error messages are gone at this time

N.B. In the edit section: I have noted that the importation is set up at: HDV ??

N.B. These are terms that I have translated from my Adobe French Version for Canada,

so they may not exactly be the right terms in the English version.

Let me know if you need more information, thanks again for all your so devoted time and help.

Best regards

André45

Le 06/05/15, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique created by A.T. Romano(https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano) in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7518552#7518552)   

andre45

Thank you for the clarification message in post 11.

Let me ask you this...

When you import your VTS_01_1.VOB into Premiere Elements 11, have you first manually set the project preset to

NTSC

DV Standard

and then gone through the Expert workspace's Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive/Video Importer process to Get Media for the project?

If you have let the project do the project settings automatically, please tell us what you are now reading for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if they look grayed out) under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Are all the import generic error messages gone at this time?

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7518552#7518552 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7518552#7518552

>

• 14. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thank you for the details. I think that we may have found a major problem in the project settings. But let us make sure. The project settings (1920 x 1080p60 16:9) that you show are not consistent with your actual DVD video file source 720 x 480 i29.97 4:3.

Please go over those details again. But, if you find the same, then the following should be done.

1. Start a new Premiere Elements 11 project.

2. In Expert workspace, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

3. In Change Settings, change the project preset to

NTSC

DV Standard

OK out of there.

4. In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

OK out of there.

5. Now in the Expert workspace, use Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer to get your DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB and others in that series) into the project.

After you do all that, are the results good, better, the same, or worse?

Thank you.

ATR

• 15. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                                      andré45 Level 1

EXACTLY THE SAME BAD READING

Le 06/05/15, "A.T. Romano" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a écrit :

Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique created by A.T. Romano(https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano) in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion(https://forums.adobe.com/message/7519346#7519346)   

andre45

Thank you for the details. I think that we may have found a major problem in the project settings. But let us make sure. The project settings (1920 x 1080p60 16:9) that you show are not consistent with your actual DVD video file source 720 x 480 i29.97 4:3.

Please go over those details again. But, if you find the same, then the following should be done.

1. Start a new Premiere Elements 11 project.

2. In Expert workspace, go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

3. In Change Settings, change the project preset to

NTSC

DV Standard

OK out of there.

4. In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

OK out of there.

5. Now in the Expert workspace, use Add Media/DVD camera and computer drive/Video Importer to get your DVD video files (VTS_01_1.VOB and others in that series) into the project.

After you do all that, are the results good, better, the same, or worse?

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7519346#7519346 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7519346#7519346

>

• 16. Re: Comment solutionner ? :Le module d'importation a signalé une erreur générique
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

andre45

Thanks for the reply. Sorry that the news was not better.

I have something for you to consider for troubleshooting purposes only at this time.

Consider downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe. And, then determine if your VTS_01_1.VOB results are the same with 13/13.1 as will 11. It is my recollection that you are using Windows 7 64 bit.

But, before you consider that, please remind me, do you have these same problems if you import other formats, beside DVD video files, into your project?

Right now I am favoring

For version 11, uninstall/free ccleaner run through/reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled

or

Download and install of free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 13 from Adobe

Please consider, and then let me know if you want to explore any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR