Exit

cant update CS5 -- serial number not qualifying product

Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled CS5 on my laptop after replacing HD

It installed fine from the S/N on the box

but I cant update the product - it says s/n not qualifying

Its a student box license - - does that mean I cant get updates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The qualifying product aspect does not normally tie in with updates.  It usually shows up when you are trying to install an upgrade version of software and you are asked to provide information for the older qualifying version.  What is the actual message that you see?

If you are trying to update then there is always the direct updates option... Product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The update seems to download okthen it starts install and it failsfor example :

Adobe Extension Manager CS5.5.0 UpdateThere was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later.

But really it fails on install.

I asked customer support and they said my license was good for 2 computers. I installed on my new one Win 7 Pro fine. But the old one Win 7 Home Premium -- used to work finebefore the HD failed. Now i replaced the HD and I can still install ok from student edition DVD but I cant update.

The customer support said I should be good with 2 computers and should be able to updateI can only update on my new Win 7 Pro but not on my old Win 7 Home Premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines