5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2015 12:28 PM by whsprague

can no longer preview video clips

dvdmsr

can no longer preview video clips with Premiere Elements 11

• 1. Re: can no longer preview video clips
          whsprague Level 4

Even ATR won't be able to help with this one until you provide a lot more detail about how, what and with what.

• 2. Re: can no longer preview video clips
            dvdmsr Level 1

Within Elements, the preview files screen.... I use to be able to see a preview of any pic or video that I had downloaded or saved in Elements.  as of last week I can only see the pictures and get an error message video not supported.  However when I go to edit, I can see along with full use of edit.... just makes it time consuming to load for edit each clip until I find the one I am looking for.

• 3. Re: can no longer preview video clips
              whsprague Level 4

Please provide more detail... Computer, graphics system, version of Quicktime, operating system, camera, footage type, etc. 

• 4. Re: can no longer preview video clips
                A.T. Romano Level 7

dvdmsr

Please clarify where you are not seeing your video clips and/or display in Premiere Elements 11 (for now presumed on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit).

Edit Area monitor

EditAreaMonitor.JPG

or Preview Window from double clicking file in Project Assets or Timeline

PreviewWindow.JPG

or both? Or are you in the Elements Organizer 11 instead? Or are you in the Expert workspace Project Assets and the imports are importing to give thumbnails without images in them. In this example, this file does have its image with its thumbnail.

ProjectAssets.JPG

When you could preview movies, what types of video clips were they? Please tell us the properties of those videos - such as video compression and file extension as well as frame size and frame rate and as much as you can tell us about these video files. Now that you are having problems with video clips or display, are you using video clips from the same source as before? If you have video clips that worked before, please try them now to see if they still work in today's situation.

From your description, I am getting the impression that you are dealing with images in Project Assets thumbnails rather than a project video display error. But, we will not know until you clarify the presentation of your issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: can no longer preview video clips
                  whsprague Level 4

Thanks for taking over ATR!