7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 8:32 PM by jeff t.a98543585

LR6 GPU aware?

Joshua Cohen Level 3

See http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6666685603/adobe-rolls-out-lightroom-cc-and-lightroom-6-w ith-hdr-and-panorama-tools

"The latest versions of the software make greater use of computers' graphics processors, speeding up most processes and allowing complex tasks to run in the background without slowing the user experience."

• 1. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
          Lee Jay Level 4

Kind of.  Most Develop sliders will have a drastically higher frame rate when dragging on compatible GPU-enabled systems.  Other stuff will not see a performance increase.

• 2. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
            Joshua Cohen Level 3

Lee Jay wrote:

Kind of.  Most Develop sliders will have a drastically higher frame rate when dragging on compatible GPU-enabled systems.  Other stuff will not see a performance increase.

Do you know what "compatible GPU-enabled systems" are?

• 3. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
              Lee Jay Level 4

Joshua Cohen wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Do you know what "compatible GPU-enabled systems" are?

Most modern GPU enabled computers, including many Intel embedded GPUs from the last few years.

• 4. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
                Michael D Sullivan Level 3

Lightroom CC GPU FAQ says "Graphics cards produced in the last 2-3 years that meet the minimum system requirements above should work fine."  The minimum system requirements are

• 64-bit OS versions only
                • OpenGL 3.3 and later
                • Mac OS 10.9 and later
                • Windows 7 and later
                • 5. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
                  tcjohnston

FYI- there may be a problem in the release. I have an AMD Radeon HD 5450 card which meets all the requirements but LR CC does not use it. It is "disabled due to errors". The card has 1024MB of RAM, supports Open GL 4.4, is on Windows 8.1 Pro. I have updated the drivers, restarted, etc. Hopefully, Adobe will iron out the hardware compatibility issues shortly.

• 6. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
                    do212

I am experiencing the same thing on a similar system. AMD Radeon HD 6450 card. 1024MB of RAM, OpenGL 4.4 support. Windows 8.1 Pro latest drivers and everything. I can't find a way to get it to work.

• 7. Re: LR6 GPU aware?
                      jeff t.a98543585

I have the same problem with an Intel HD 4400 with current drivers. Am running OpenGL4.2 and Lightroom 6 says

Graphics Processor Info:
                      Check OpenGL support: Failed
                      Vendor: Intel
                      Version: 3.3.0 - Build 10.18.10.3345
                      Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
                      LanguageVersion: 3.30 - Build 10.18.10.3345