• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorise Digital Editions

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so got a new Ebook and trying to use it, but I'm unable to authorise Digital editions, been trying for 3 days now and keep being told that the authorisation server is down.

To jump ahead abit I'll answer the standard replies that get posted to all these issues:

Yes, I have tried to restart the PC

Yes I have deleted and enabled cookies

Yes I can connect to SSL sites

Yes I have an internet connection

Yes I have checked everything here :https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

(note that when I try to use the CS5 version of the connection test I get unable to connect, the CS6 version tells me "alive" which I presume means this is working?)

None of this work, so please can someone sort this out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

OK- I was given the answer by a user on another forum, For anyone else - I must have had some kind of information on the PC that made Adobe think I had an activation already (despite the fact that I've never used Digitial Editions before) so running the "erase authorisation" first did the trick, seems you need to do this the first time you setup an account even if you haven't had an account before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK- I was given the answer by a user on another forum, For anyone else - I must have had some kind of information on the PC that made Adobe think I had an activation already (despite the fact that I've never used Digitial Editions before) so running the "erase authorisation" first did the trick, seems you need to do this the first time you setup an account even if you haven't had an account before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines