• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial Number not working.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Master Suite 4 - legitimate purchased, installed and using for awhile without problems.  Suddenly getting error message: "This is part of a suite.  Start another program like Photoshop to activate."  Then a window asking for serial number.  But my serial number isn't accepted.  Adobe support difficult.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

I suggest you deactivate (open Photoshop and choose Help -> Deactivate) then uninstall the whole suite and follow that with using the CS Cleaner Tool (link below).  Then try reinstalling the suite.

If you happen to have installed any Creative Cloud programs as trials then make sure all of that is uninstalled as well before you use the Cleaner.

Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

helps resolve installation problems for CS3 thru CS6 and for Creative Cloud

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application are you running when this occurs?  What does the message indicate when the serial number is not accepted?  Have you reinstalled any portion of the Suite recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Professional.

The only thing I did recently was to install a new Adobe Photoshop Elements.  I did not re-install any program from the Creative Suite 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try opening another of the Suite applications like Photoshop to perform the activation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  That's when it asked for the serial number - which it is not recognizing.  It should be a legitimate serial number.

I have tried contacting Adobe and in fact am on hold right now -- but it has been a tedious effort.  All morning online and on the phone.

Transfered several times.  Any ideas?  If I erase the program form my computer and re-install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you deactivate (open Photoshop and choose Help -> Deactivate) then uninstall the whole suite and follow that with using the CS Cleaner Tool (link below).  Then try reinstalling the suite.

If you happen to have installed any Creative Cloud programs as trials then make sure all of that is uninstalled as well before you use the Cleaner.

Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

helps resolve installation problems for CS3 thru CS6 and for Creative Cloud

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines