5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 12:08 AM by Peter Grainge

Header Title Color

LouiseinKelowna

I generated with Responsive HTML5, using the layout Theme 1_Standard. After generating and previewing I notice that the header title font changes color between red, white and blue depending upon where you click in the generated project. I have been through all the settings and cannot find a way of preventing this - I want the title to be white and not change color. Looking at the HTML for each topic it looks like this is driving it:

/*<![CDATA[*/

A:visited {

color: #ff0000;

}

A:active {

color: #008000;

}

A:link {

color: #0000A0;

}

/*]]>*

This seems to be overriding the header title font color that I picked in Theme 1_Standard.

Does anyone know how to turn this off? Please and thank you!

• 1. Re: Header Title Color
          Mayank_M Adobe Employee

HI There,

As far as I understand you are referring to "Header Title" in Responsive Theme.

If yes then Go to Customize Selected Layout from SSL Properties and Select "Header " from Layout Components. Under Properties you can change "Title color" and "Title Hover color" to White and see if it works for you.

If I understand incorrectly then can you please paste a screenshot of the Title you are referring to?

Regards,

Mayank

• 2. Re: Header Title Color
            LouiseinKelowna Level 1

You are correct in that it is the one I am referring to but I have already gone in and changed the title color to white. But something somewhere is forcing the text to change color (red, white or blue). See images:

image 1.png

image 2 - blue.png

Image 3 - red.png

Image 4 - white.png

• 3. Re: Header Title Color
              Mayank_M Adobe Employee

Hi There,

Can you let me know exactly when this font color changes ? On hover to the title or while clicking on TOC topics ? Did you tried any other theme or reapplying this theme?

Regards,

Mayank

• 4. Re: Header Title Color
                LouiseinKelowna Level 1

Hi

It changes when you click through the topics. The way it toggles and the colors it picks, it is almost like it thinks it is a link. I haven’t tried changing the theme (I had other things to do and I had spent enough time trying to pinpoint the issue). I did try reapplying the same theme and it made no difference. Whilst investigating we found that the following code is added to the HTML for each topic (all 8500+ of them) and if you remove this code then the header title stays white.

A:visited {

color: #ff0000;

}

A:active {

color: #008000;

}

A:link {

color: #0000A0;

}

But what I am trying to identify is what option/style/checkbox/ setting is causing this code to be added. Then I can turn it off!

Thank you for looking at this

• 5. Re: Header Title Color
                  Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

That styling in the topics looks like something that happens when you import from Word. It is described on my site. If I am right it is in the heading of the topic, correct?

The only way to remove it now is a mass find and replace so back up first. Text Crawler is a useful free option.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge