11 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2015 11:45 AM by jjkindt

GPU acceleration not available - ATI (AMD) Radeon HD6870 - GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS (actual = 32, minimum = 48)

ARSPR

Hi, I've just updated to LR 6 and although the only requisites for the GPU shown in the GPU FAQ ( https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html ) are 1 GB of VRAM and OpenGL v3.3, my Radeon HD6870, which meets both ones, does not seem to work.

I upload a picture of GLView and LR's System Info tool. As a summary, I'm on a Win 8.1 64 bit machine, Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4 GB RAM, GPU Radeon HD6870.

System Specs.jpg

As you can see the "trouble" seems to be in GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS which is 32 and it should be 48 as minimum.

So:

• Could any LR expert/coder confirm if that is the trouble? (Or is it another issue?).
      • Is there any way to solve it? (I'm on Catalyst driver version 14.9, the last one available through Windows update, although in AMD webpage there seems to be a 14.12 one. But I doubt that updating would make any difference).
      • Or is it a hardware limitation in the GPU itself?
      • (Just in order to learn): What the hell are those GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS? (In plain words, please...  )