• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions v4.0 Error: Check Activation on Windows 8

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a question but a solution that I found to an issue that I hope will help others. I couldn't find a discussion board on this so I'm creating a new one.

I started getting the error message, "Error: Check Activation" when I was trying to download ebooks on my Windows 8 PC. I noticed this was problem for 2.0 as well, and when I tried to erase authorization and reauthorize (which seemed to be the way to fix the problem) it wouldn't allow me to. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall which didn't work. Then I found the page for if you were having trouble installing ADE. I didn't really have problems with that part but I figured I would give it a try.

One this page, it says to "manually" install the program (which involves downloading the actual zip file and going through that). I did this and it fixed everything! I was able to erase the authorization and reauthorize after this.

I figured I would put this out there so that others might find it useful. I don't know this is specifically a Windows 8 problem or a v4.0 problem or what, but I would suggest trying to "manually" install the program before doing any of the other super complicated fixes that I came across and was scared to try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?