5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 10:45 AM by A.T. Romano

Time Stretch Without Ripple APE-11

Phil.com Level 1

APE-11

I am working on a video with B-roll. I have 15 pictures in track Video 3. I want to make them be on screen longer using Time Stretch. My  problem that when I stretch a picture all the rest ripple to the right now our of place. I tried holding down Control but then Time Stretch does not work.

How do I expand pictures without Ripple?

Than k you all and Cheers! Phil

• 1. Re: Time Stretch Without Ripple APE-11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Could you explain the setup on Video Track 3 

Are these 15 pictures side by side on Video Track 3, and which of the 15 needs the longer duration?

What else is on Video Track 3 besides these 15 pictures?

If these are side by side, I see no other course of action but for the rest of the side by side to move to the right if the first one has its duration increased. Please give details on what I am overlooking in what you want to do. Would a screenshot of your Timeline "before" help to get at what you want to do?

You can increase the duration of all at the same time.

You can group clips so that they move as one.

We could decide if you are using the keyboard modifiers (Ctrl and/or Alt) to your best advantage.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Time Stretch Without Ripple APE-11
            Phil.com Level 1

Thanks A T...The pictures are seperated with plenty of space to expand with out bumping to the next picture.

Cheers! Phil

• 3. Re: Time Stretch Without Ripple APE-11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Please give the following a try while I think about alternatives.

Take your mouse cursor and drag out the right edge of the still to increase its duration. You can use the timecode pop up to determine the extent of the increase.

Phil.jpg

If you have other stills to the right of this one and not side by side and space to spare, they should not move when you increase the duration of the clip as suggested above.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 4. Re: Time Stretch Without Ripple APE-11
                Phil.com Level 1

Thanks AT. That worked. I did not get the pop up that you illustrated. I only got a small pop up that indicated how much time I was adding to the clip, but that worked out OK. So, if you use Time Stretch beware of Ripple.

As usual, thank you for all the time you devote to keeping us on the right video editing track.

Cheers and Peace! Phil

• 5. Re: Time Stretch Without Ripple APE-11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Phil

Thanks for the good news. Great job with following through your ripple issue.

But, from your description, I think that you got the pop up that I show in the screenshot. The 3 seconds pop up in my screenshot was how much I added to the original 5 seconds clip to get the final 8 seconds clip. That pop up is what you seemed to get also when you wrote

I only got a small pop up that indicated how much time I was adding to the clip

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR