3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2015 7:04 PM by ManiacJoe

LR CC external editor only option is PS CC 2014 (not 2015)

angioman

Updated all my PS products, including LR CC (2015) and PS CC. When exporting from LR to PS for editing, only option is PS CC 2014 (instead of PS CC). Preferences in LR doesn't allow for pointing to a different PS version, unless using the custom external editor option. Any suggestions? Perhaps this is a bug with the new LR version. I will say my hard drive is getting very cluttered with the myriad of PS and LR versions, many with the "CC" name. Hard to keep track of which is the latest version (especially with LR since I had stand alone, then upgraded to CC subscription).

• 1. Re: LR CC external editor only option is PS CC 2014 (not 2015)
          Pete.Green Adobe Employee

Hi angioman,

PS CC 2014 is the latest version of Photoshop currently available.

You're seeing it right!

Regards,

Pete

• 2. Re: LR CC external editor only option is PS CC 2014 (not 2015)
            mattzory Level 1

I have a similar issue. I understand that PSCC2014 is the latest version but I would like to see PS CS5 as I used to---it has the oil paint filter. There is a way to add it to the right-click selections in LR, isn't there? Thanks!

• 3. Re: LR CC external editor only option is PS CC 2014 (not 2015)
              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

angioman wrote:

Updated all my PS products, including LR CC (2015) and PS CC. When exporting from LR to PS for editing, only option is PS CC 2014 (instead of PS CC). Preferences in LR doesn't allow for pointing to a different PS version, unless using the custom external editor option. Any suggestions? Perhaps this is a bug with the new LR version. I will say my hard drive is getting very cluttered with the myriad of PS and LR versions, many with the "CC" name. Hard to keep track of which is the latest version (especially with LR since I had stand alone, then upgraded to CC subscription).

If you don't need the older versions of the programs, just uninstall them.

As Mattzory suggests, the common reason one might want to keep an older version of PS is for the "oil paint" filter. To do this, you would probably need to setup the old version of PS manually as a separate editor. Alternatively, you might try launching the old PS program first, then do the LR "edit in PS" as LR might just then talk to the currently running version instead of launching a new copy of PS.