13 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2015 5:15 PM by jackj20347635

Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%

jackj20347635

Have had software for long time but never burned DVDs. When I attempt it never finishes, many hours. DVD works fine with other program's even Windows DVD Maker

• 1. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

This forum is just for discussions on the forums themselves, not for product question. The Premiere forum is here: Premiere Pro CC

• 2. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
            pwillener Level 8

[topic moved to Premiere Pro forum]

• 3. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Original subject says Premiere 10, so moved to the Premiere Elements forum

• 4. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jackj

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running? What video card/graphics card does your computer use?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

What are you doing....burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

How far are you getting in the process

Encoding Menus 1 of ....

Encoding Media

Compiling Media

or

Burning Disc

If you cannot burn to disc DVD, can you burn to Folder (4.7 GB)? If you can do that successfully, do you find the saved folder from that process, and does it contain the OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder (if this is a burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

When you have set up for the burn to (Share/Disc/DVD disc and have the DVD disc in the burner tray), what does the burn dialog Quality area show for Space Required and Bitrate (with check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space)?

Please review and consider. Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                  jackj20347635 Level 1
                  No solutions yet, but here are answers to your questions
                  • System: Win7 64 bit systems
                  • Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE with current driver
                  • Problem: Cannot burn DVD  to disk, or computer folder, both fail.  Can burn small test files (200meg) as DVD but not my bigger 2 to 4gb files, they hang at a few % complete
                  • Pass: Encoding Menus 1 of ...., Encoding Media, Compiling Media all complete successfully
                  • Error: Burning disk just hangs at 1% and never proceeds, waited hours
                  • Under Share: set for max resolution and not exceeding the space requirement (fit to space available)
                  Hope you have a suggestion. The only thing I can try next is to start stripping video content to see if something in the files are the problem.
                  • 6. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

jackj

Thanks for the update and additional information about your burn to issue.

What is your project preset and what are the properties of your source media for this burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or burn to Folder (4.7) under Publish+Share/Disc/DVD?

Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce has a long and bad history. But, I do not recall this syndrome targeting just the burn to. Typically this problem would present in display. But, because of the situation, we need to rule this factor in or out.

This known Premiere Element 10/NVIDIA GeForce issue is resolved by rolling back the NVIDIA GeForce driver version, not updating it. And, the roll back has needed to go back to May 2013. That old NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE driver version can be found by plugging in your values into a search at the old drivers page at the NVIDIA web site..

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

MayNVIDIA.JPG

Suggested roll back to May 23, 2013 driver version 320.18.

Please see the following for a history on this Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA GeForce Issue

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

Although inspecting the Timeline content part by part is a good idea, I do not believe it should be looked at until Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA Ge is ruled out. We can discuss this further, including any details on other problems you might be having in the project aside from Publish+Share/.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                      jackj20347635 Level 1

Thanks again ATR

As I stated last night I started to remove parts of the video to see what happens. The first thing I removed was the Disc Menus, soon as I did this I was able to burn DVD to folder 4.7gb. This seems strange to me because the Disc menus are part Premiere where I have very little control of. I'm going to reinstall the menus in steps to see where it stops. Does this make any sense to you?

I still plan to step back the driver as you suggested.

• 8. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

jackj

Thanks for the reply with further details of your situation and results.

Please remind me what specific Movie Menu theme you are using. If you have not already, please go back into the Movie Menu customization area and check the main menu page and scene menu page for overlapping buttons. Overlapping buttons will present with thin red frame around a button.

Have you had success with the burn to if you change to another Movie Menu theme rather than remove the current one. Also, when you did the troubleshooting which included removing the Movie Menu theme, did you remove the Timeline menu markers as well?

We will be watching for your results as you schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                          jackj20347635 Level 1

Thanks again ATR

Yesterday I stumbled across one of your responses to a person having a similar problem with Premiere 13. You said not to have a End Marker at the end of the video and look for breaks or gaps in video. Well I had both of these, an end marker at the video end and I had small gaps between my 3 video sections, but was bridged with title presentations. After removing the marker, and adding black fill to gaps and replacing the Disc menu, that I previously removed, everything did work properly. I suspect it was the end marker. Never got to stepping back the video adapter driver.

Regarding your questions:

1. The markers and gaps were still in place when I earlier removed just the Disc Menu and found the DVD completed properly. I then restored the Disc Menus without fixing the end marker or gaps and did not work again. Then removed both marker & gaps with the Disc menu installed and the DVD did complete properly.
                          2. There was no overlap in buttons, not a issue with my video.
                          3. Never got to try another Disc menu because of success with removing marker and gaps. It takes hours to do a build/burn test.

One more comment, I have constant problems on both of my Win7 64bit computers with Explorer.exe constantly crashing and closing applications. I wasn't sure if this was somehow responsible for the DVD build problem. I can crash Premiere when selecting folder locations under DVD to folder selection. Microsoft has been no help to solve, many people have this issue. This is not related to Premiere and is a Windows issue.

I do have one question maybe you can answer. My current  DVD is a series of 3 separate videos. The Disc menu structure isn't ideal. I would prefer not to have the Main menu1 show up because all selections should be made in the Scene menu1. Anyway to remove Main menu1 or have the DVD start at the Scene menu1?  If you can't spend time to answer this that's ok and thanks for your help to date.

• 10. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

jackj

The following is the general idea for the Movie Menu strategy that you mentioned....

1. Find the main menu and scene menu .psd files for the Movie Theme involved. Reverse the names of these files.

Example...if Movie Menu theme was Art-in-Motion and you had a high definition project preset....

change name of the art-in-motion_hd_mm.psd file to art-in-motion_hd_sm.psd

and

change name of the art-in-motion_hd_sm.psd file to art-in-motion_hd_mm.psd

2. On the TImeline, place only main menu markers where before you were placing scene markers.

3. The one menu page that you have will have no play all or navigation buttons...just "scene" thumbnails to click on to get the playback.

Next post, we can talk about stop markers and how to place these modified files in the computer hard drive save location.

If you let me know what menu you want to use, I can fine tune the details if needed.

Please consider. Any questions, please ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                              jackj20347635 Level 1

Thanks again ATR

I was using the Memory Box menu and there are no psd files associated with this menu that I could find. I assume some other file type is used or it is a completely different structure. Therefore I just changed to the Art In Motion and it does work as you explained. It serves the purpose.

• 12. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

jakcj

Thanks for the update. Sounding good.

But, if you ever want to use the .psd files of the Memory Box theme, you should find them in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit in the path

Local Disk C\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\DVD Templates\Common\Memories\Memory Box

MemoryBox.JPG

As your schedule permits, please let me know if you found the Memory Box .psd files.

Best wishes with your projects.

ATR

• 13. Re: Cannot Burn DVD with Premiere 10, just stops at 5%
                                  jackj20347635 Level 1

did find the psd files, thanks