9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2015 12:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Menu templates not downloading

bonniek45753126

I am unable to download any menu templates for Premiere Elements 13.1.  The message I get is that my computer is not connected or the server is unavailable.  I have tried single menus and all files with no luck.  Thanks on advance for help.

• 1. Re: Menu templates not downloading
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bonniek

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13.1 running on?

How long has this issue existed?

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

2. Are you running the program as administrator?

3. Are you having any problems with your Internet connection? Do you have High Speed connection of Dial Up?

4. If you cannot download and install Movie Menu themes, can you download and install other content download such as Instant Movie?

Let us start here and then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Menu templates not downloading
            bonniek45753126 Level 1

I have a 2 yr old iMac running 10.9.5.  I am the only user and administrator. My internet connection is high speed fios and excellent.  I've spent a lot of time on a project so don't want to do uninstall. Instant Movie download also failed. It would be great to add menus before creating discs.  No antivirus software, firewall is off.  I saw another thread that is currently on your forum and frankly not interested in jumping through the hoops this person has already tried.  I am also a former iMovie iDvd user.  If this is a Mac compatibility problem I hope it can be updated soon. 

Thank you for your help.

• 3. Re: Menu templates not downloading
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bonniek

Thank you for the reply.

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way and have no insider information on whether or not Adobe will update anything including any Mac compatibility problems. There are a certain number of troubleshooting steps (hoops as you call them) to try to resolve these issues in the absence of Adobe support even for a current version product. You can try contacting Adobe via its Adobe Chat to determine if it will support you on this issue.

Contact Customer Care

The frequency of the Adobe Staff or PRE_help appearance in this forum is undefined.

Based on your follow up information and your original report of "server" issues, it may be only Adobe who can resolve your issue. As users, visitors here like yourself, we have no way of remotely controlling of your computer for troubleshooting purposes. If you are not having problems with your Verizon Fios and server issues persists, then the server issue needs addressing by Adobe.

Just this morning I downloaded Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Movie Menus (Download All) rather than doing my usual Download Now. I have Verizon Fios Internet Service 25/25 Mbps Download/Upload and Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit computers. I had no problems what so ever in doing this in a short period of time. I am strictly an Elements Windows user so I cannot speculate on the counterpart on a Mac.

Please let us know if Adobe supports you on this issue and resolves the matter.

We would be glad for the opportunity to go through with you whatever troubleshooting steps a user can go through to try to resolve this issue.

ATR

• 4. Re: Menu templates not downloading
                bonniek45753126 Level 1

Thank you again!  I will share whatever help and insights I get from Adobe.   continue to suspect Mac compatibility.

• 5. Re: Menu templates not downloading
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bonniek

We want you to succeed and hope Adobe can resolve the issue.

We could have started with a series of

a. unplugging the Verizon Fios router for about 35 seconds to determine if that had any impact on the situation.

b. using a different browser, including clearing the Cached Web Content in the current browser's Options/Advanced/Network

c. refreshing the Online Services in Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing

But that server message that you are getting needs further definition.

So, I am hoping the Adobe can cut to the core of the issue.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Menu templates not downloading
                    bonniek45753126 Level 1

Thank you very much for your support.  I have not been able to contact Adobe but, as I suspected, the problem was MacOS related.  There was an update from Adobe and now I am downloading successfully.  I believe that now that Apple is backing out of the imaging software business in favor of hardware the market is opening up for Adobe.  I hope the company will support us as we move to its software.  It's good to know we have the support of fellow users as we learn.

• 7. Re: Menu templates not downloading
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

bonniek

Thanks for the update and the wonderful news that your Premiere Elements Mac content download is working.

But, could you clarify the resolution.

At the onset you said that you were working from the 13.1 Update of Premiere Elements 13 Mac.  After that the latest update from Adobe I believe is Photoshop Camera Raw 9.0 which allows the user to import raw and dng images as source media into a Premiere Elements project.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13/13.1: Photoshop Camera Raw 9.0 Update Released

From your report, I was not sure if

a. You had a Mac computer issue that is now resolved and allowing you to download the Photoshop Camera Raw 9 Update as well as the content download for Movie Menu themes, Instant Movie themes, etc.

or

b. You believe that the Photoshop Camera Raw 9 Update process seems to have resolved all download issues?

Whatever the case, we are very pleased that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR

• 8. Re: Menu templates not downloading
                        bonniek45753126 Level 1

On restart there was a flash update.  Once installed, the updater showed further updates, for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements.  I don't know what the specific content was but after installing and restarting Premiere, all online content downloaded.  No idea why, just grateful.

• 9. Re: Menu templates not downloading
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

bonniek

Thanks for the additional details on your solution. I will keep that in mind for any future reports of your type of issue.

This sounds like an Adobe Application Manager issue.

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

But, for now as it relates to why, we will be thankful for your success and your reports of it.

ATR