• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC installation failure

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom CC via the Adobe CC installer after being directed there via LR5.7. When I tried running it, LR CC's splash screen appeared briefly then disappeared. It doesn't show up in OS X Yosemite's Activity Monitor as being a current process. I rebooted my late-2012 iMac and that didn't help so I uninstalled then reinstalled LR CC to no avail.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did the same thing and it didn't work. got the quick flash on the screen and then nothing! i'm on hold with adobe now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please sign out from Creative Cloud and Sign in .

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Then try to launch Lightroom cc and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just got off the phone with adobe and she got it to work. really can't figure out what was wrong. the naming convention is confusing as it is called adobe lightroom and NOT lightroom cc. even she had trouble finding it in the applications folder. said she will bring it up to the "higher authorities".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's called just Adobe Lightroom .

You can Launch just by double clicking on "Lightroom CC 2015 " option under Apps list in Creative Cloud application.

Even on Windows its same : )

lriv.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope... still fails to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Heidib:

Okay, Please follow below steps:

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

Under Library  , locate Preferences folder and open the same.

Look for prefernces file named like  com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist  under Preferences folder and move it to Desktop.

Make sure there is no Lightroom com.adobe plist files are present inside .

Then sign out from Creative Cloud and sign in and try to launch Lightroom application.

Note : Do not try to launch Lightroom application from Appplications folder.

Important :

"Launch Ligthroom CC 2015 application , by double clicking on Lightroom cc 2015 option under Apps list in Creative Cloud application"  .

LRRR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

‌i followed the instructions and it did not work. Getting so annoyed. I have work to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Have been trying all night to get Lightroom cc to launch and your suggestion worked. I signed out of creative cloud and signed back in and LR CC launched right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that ,Tina.

Did you remove Lightroom  plist file as well as any other Lightroom related preferences file from ~/library/Preferences?

then restarted the computer and Signed out and Signed in?

"Trued Launch Ligthroom CC 2015 application , by double clicking on Lightroom cc 2015 option under Apps list in Creative Cloud application"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Couple times I tried all method

- sign out & sign in

- move com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist it to Desktop then sign out & sign in

- I also removed all Adobe apps from my mac & clean up all folders in ~/library from all adobe files.

Every times I "Launch Ligthroom CC 2015 application , by double clicking on Lightroom cc 2015 option under Apps list in Creative Cloud application"

But it didn't work.

Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you removed Adobe folders from both ~/library/Application Support  and /library/Application Support.  ??

Trashed Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Application Manager , Adobe Utilities and Adobe Installers file Utilities and all Adobe Apps from Applications?

Did you ran Adobe cleaner tool and cleaned all and reinstalled CC app and LR CC2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally was able to chat with a customer service person who guided me to get it to work. I had to go into /library and clear the SLCache. Then I had to rename another file. It finally worked. Wait on hold. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess you had cleared SLCache folder and renamed SLStore, Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally works !!!!

Thanks Brucgovnfor your help !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, nothing works.

I really start to hate adobe. Why cant they just make stuff work? They only tested in on 2 macs?

Now you have to manually remove, rename, reset stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines