3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 6:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Why did my sound not make it to a DVD burn?

Rickster213 Level 1

I did a "successful" burn of a DVD for a project I've been working on.  None of my 3 music files I had on the soundtrack made it to the DVD.  Just silence.  They play nicely when I play my video in Premiere 12.  All three songs have a "green" dot when I look in the project assets, and the burn did not generate any errors or warnings - at least that were displayed.  Is there a log somewhere I can look at?

This product continues to amaze me.  Anyone have any ideas what I can try?

• 1. Re: Why did my sound not make it to a DVD burn?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rick

Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Mac.

Please remind me, DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc?

Whatever the case, did you give this burn to disc product a Movie Menu? If so, did the theme come with audio in the menu menu?

If so, was the audio in the Movie Menu heard in the end product playback?

What other audio did this disc have other than soundtrack....narration audio, audio on the numbered audio tracks? If so, was the narration audio and/or audio from the numbered audio tracks missing?

Please go back to the Edit area of the project from which this disc came, and select the soundtrack clip, open the Audio Meter. Then evaluate the soundtrack volume using the Audio Meter. In Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Windows, Audio Meters is found Window Menu/Audio Meters. Is there a counterpart for this in Mac?

And, what did you use for the player for the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? Is there no sound if played on standalone DVD player as well as DVD player connected to TV?

ATR

• 2. Re: Why did my sound not make it to a DVD burn?
            Rickster213 Level 1

I deleted my audio files from the timeline and Project Assets, imported them back in, put them back on the timeline, did a burn, and all is well.  Not sure what happened before.

• 3. Re: Why did my sound not make it to a DVD burn?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Rick

Glad to learn that you troubleshooted out of that DVD-VIDEO on DVD audio issue. Great job.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Appreciated.

ATR

Add On...You said that you deleted the audio files. Did your audio files include audio from soundtrack, narration track, and numbered audio track(s)?

Could you have run into this situation described in the link below...although it did not seem that you did from your original description....

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Losses After Narration Addition