4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 6:01 AM by scott-david-weaver

Deleting LR v.5

scott-david-weaver Level 1

I've updated to LR CC but Finder (OSX Yosemite) still shows an applications folder for LR 5. Can I uninstall/delete this earlier version of LR or will I risk further problems?

• 1. Re: Deleting LR v.5

BTW, Adobe CC still keeps asking me to update PS CS6, even though I uninstalled it from my Mac OSX Yosemite over a year ago. So, I am continually presented with that indication in the toolbar that there is an update waiting for me. Any idea how to get CC to understand I'm not using that version of PS, I'm using CC 2014?

• 2. Re: Deleting LR v.5
            coogee88 Level 1

scott-david-weaver wrote:

I've updated to LR CC but Finder (OSX Yosemite) still shows an applications folder for LR 5. Can I uninstall/delete this earlier version of LR or will I risk further problems?

Same question here. Looking for guidance from Adobe on how to manage their products? What are we supposed to do now? How to remove LR5 now LR6 is installed?

• 3. Re: Deleting LR v.5
              MacabreXX

I just dragged Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.app to the trash. The app used to be in the Adobe Lightroom folder in the Applications directory.  Once it was upgraded it was moved out of the folder.  No issues for me but I'm not emptying my trash for a couple days just to make sure.

• 4. Re: Deleting LR v.5

" I'm not emptying my trash for a couple days just to make sure."

You are a wise man. Next time Adobe releases a big update I am waiting at least two weeks before I install. Amazing how Adobe can have slip ups like this after all these decades. Their testing procedures are clearly inadequate. I wasted at least two hours last night with the new install.