Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

standart.js is not included on publish

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

i'm using Captivate 8 and responsive project.

i want to use external JS file for my project, and i read here that the best way is to use the standart.js file from the installation dir.

the problem is that when i publish my project this file is not included and i can't use the functions i wrote there.

i can add this file manually to the js folder and index.htm, but i will have to do this on every publish..

am i missing something?  is there any other way to use external JS file?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

That is why I was pointing to the HTML/Assets folder which is where all the templates are stored. You don't have to add manually anymore in that case, if you edit the HTM files and store your JS file there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned from Jim Leichliter, that you can create a JS-folder in the HTML\Assets folder (was there in CP7, no longer in CP8) and put your external JS-file there. Do not forget to include the call to it in the HTM and HTML-files, depending on your output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but i want to be able to include a JS file without adding it manually every time..

Since every publish will create a new index.htm i will have to add the file and include it in the html every time i publish the project.. i'm sure there is a better way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is why I was pointing to the HTML/Assets folder which is where all the templates are stored. You don't have to add manually anymore in that case, if you edit the HTM files and store your JS file there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

I didn't understood you well in the first massage..

Now its all working fine, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit the template index.html to include the js file in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\HTML\index.html

Also, add your js file to the following location, if the location doesn't exist, create it:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\HTML\assets\js\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources