4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 11:43 PM by Coert

Lightroom does not update on Mac,

Coert

Lightroom is not updating on my Mac. This lightroom version was installed solo, prior to my creative cloud subscription.  In creative cloud i see updates for photoshop and creative cloud. Not for Lightroom. I did re-instal creative cloud.

According to Adobe it is not needed to re-install Lightroom when using creative cloud.

When checking in Lightroom it is mentioning the update and re-directing to Adobe site. There is mentioned that it is down loading. After this creative cloud opens and stays blocked with "Download error" no number mentioned.

thanks for some help.

• 1. Re: Lightroom does not update on Mac,
          Luckyeddy

I am in exactly the same position.

I was a Lightroom standalone 5.7 user. I recently updated to CC. Photoshop CC works fine but I cannot update Lightroom or use Lightroom CC. I just keep getting the Lightroom 6 splash screen for a fraction of a second. No error messages whatsoever.

I have logged out of CC and logged back in again. I have also un-installed Lightroom CC and reinstalled it, still no joy.

Any help gratefully received..

Paul

• 2. Re: Lightroom does not update on Mac,
            Coert Level 1

Luckyleddy, found this

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015 is available. In some cases the program wil not start after installation. Only the start-up screen pops up and Lightroom will not start. If you have an Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) subscription you must do this: log out your CC account and log in again. Lightroom will now start as usual.

• 3. Re: Lightroom does not update on Mac,
              Coert Level 1

So I stay with my question:

Lightroom is not updating on my Mac. This lightroom version was installed solo, prior to my creative cloud subscription.  In creative cloud i see updates for photoshop and creative cloud. Not for Lightroom. I did re-instal creative cloud.

According to Adobe it is not needed to re-install Lightroom when using creative cloud.

When checking in Lightroom it is mentioning the update and re-directing to Adobe site. There is mentioned that it is down loading. After this creative cloud opens and stays blocked with "Download error" no number mentioned.

thanks for some help.

• 4. Re: Lightroom does not update on Mac,
                Coert Level 1

After an update of the installer to version 9 everything works normal,

reply when you need more info.