4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 3:27 AM by femtofred

problem with the photo orientation (angle) at the importation in lightroom (4 or 5)

femtofred

Hello,

I have a problem since few months with photos importation. Lightroom import photos with a tilt, randomly. You can see some exemples below. I can't correct it with the tool of lightroom without lost part of my photo.

I use a windows 7 pc. I try different versions of Lightroom (4 and 5). I delete the photos and i re-import it. Actually i have the 5.7.1 lightroom version. When i use an other soft to see the photos (picasa or other), there's no problem. This problem appears approximately in november 2014. I suppose (i'm not sure) after changing the lightroom version (5.5->5.6). I have still used the same camera, a sony rx100.

It's really a problem for my panorama!

If someone have an idea, it will be excellent!

Thank you to read this message. I appologize for my pretty bad english

Fred

_DSC5662.jpg_DSC5551.jpg_DSC5707.jpg

• 1. Re: problem with the photo orientation (angle) at the importation in lightroom (4 or 5)
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Looks more like your camera is doing the panorama and LR is displaying it as the camera suggests. Those other programs aren't reading what the camera has done.

• 2. Re: problem with the photo orientation (angle) at the importation in lightroom (4 or 5)
            richardplondon Level 4

It is likely that either saved in a processing default, or included in a preset which is called at import, or otherwise, you have got "Upright" turned on.

This is in the Lens Corrections panel - Basic tab. It is analysing each picture's content, and evaluating what it thinks might be a consistent perspective horizon / vertical / planarity (there are some options for how it then corrects the picture in response to this).

To check which of the above two possibilities is the case: you can make a virtual copy of an image, and then Reset it. If the image still shows turned in this same way, then Upright is active in the processing defaults that apply to this particular picture. If Upright had been turned off in those defaults, then Reset would have turned it off for this picture. Un-check Upright and then re-save the default processing.

If when Reset, the image straightening / rotation does NOT show - then it is probably a develop preset that you use when importing, or afterwards. If when you manually apply this preset, the image DOES turn as shown: you have confirmed this preset to be 'at fault'. Update this preset, un-checking Upright. When used on new images hereafter, this Upright analysis and correction will not be carried out.

Upright is IMO something one is likely to want to do image by image, as needed - and not to happen across the board. But lens profile and CA correction CAN be applied by default, without bad consequences, in my experience.

• 3. Re: problem with the photo orientation (angle) at the importation in lightroom (4 or 5)
              femtofred Level 1

Thank you for your answer. I hope i understand what you tell me. About panorama, i would like to say it's a problem to merge photos for anorama. I send single photos not panorama. You tell me «LR is displaying it as the camera suggests». But before LR displays photos without problem. Maybe you know where i can manage in LR «the camera suggests» and force, influence LR to display correctly?

• 4. Re: problem with the photo orientation (angle) at the importation in lightroom (4 or 5)
                femtofred Level 1

Wicked!!! That's it!! Thank you very much. It's not the LR version, it's the Lens Correction Panel. If i import without the correction, it's ok. Thank you again.