13 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2015 5:52 PM by BartonGarrett256

I just installed LR6...

Jos Zwart

in the develop-mode I get a blue screen with a white cross.... seems this part doesn't work... I did something wrong when upgrading?

• 1. Re: I just installed LR6...
          F. McLion Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you using CC or stand-alone? If CC, try to log out and back in again.

OS and version?

• 2. Re: I just installed LR6...
            Jos Zwart Level 1

I updated from 5.7 to 6... standalone version

• 3. Re: I just installed LR6...

Did you already license to LR6 stand-alone?

• 4. Re: I just installed LR6...
                Jos Zwart Level 1

When i go to my-adobe i can see it's registered.... in LR i can't find anything where to register... i get a message to go to my adobe and then i can fill in my serial number, but I then get the message: the serialnumer is ok, but there is no applictation on your computer... when i choose 'select a product' lightroom 6 is not in the list

• 5. Re: I just installed LR6...
                  Jos Zwart Level 1

Could it be i got the wrong opgrade? In help i see 'Info about Adobe Lightroom CC'

• 6. Re: I just installed LR6...

If you want to register as stand-alone, follow this guide.

• 7. Re: I just installed LR6...
                      Jos Zwart Level 1

Thank... but i still get the blue screen... i uninstalled 6 and installed it again... in the developemode i get a blue screen... the rest is working ok

• 8. Re: I just installed LR6...
                        Jos Zwart Level 1

Was on a chat: and so it ends, no solution, or did i something wrong?

Chat start time

Apr 22, 2015 8:44:18 AM PST

Chat end time

Apr 22, 2015 10:39:49 AM PST

Duration (actual chatting time)

01:55:31

info: You are now chatting with Rohit.
                        Rohit: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
                        Rohit: Hi
                        Jos Zwart: Hello... you know waht my problem is?
                        Rohit: Please allow me a moment while I look into your account & verify the details.
                        Jos Zwart: Ok
                        Rohit: Could you please let me know, the issue you are facing with the product, Lr6
                        Jos Zwart: I installed ... registered... in myadobe i can see it's registered... when i use LR6 and go to the develope screen i see a blue screen with a white cross in it... the picture is not shown
                        Rohit: We appreciate your patience and regret the inconvenience due to high wait time.
                        Rohit: Have you been able to download and install Adobe Lr6
                        Jos Zwart: I downloaded it and installed...
                        Jos Zwart: As you can see in MyAdobe it's registered too
                        Jos Zwart: There's only one versiuon or is there an apart one for stand-alone?
                        Rohit: Yes it was a stand alone product.
                        Jos Zwart: Could it be I downloaded the wrong one.... the first time i looked in LR6 I saw under help... it was CC, after I disabled signing in I saw under Help 'Info about Lightoom 6....'
                        Jos Zwart: Is it known that blue screen in developmode?
                        Jos Zwart: This is the screen
                        Jos Zwart: Your file 'lr.jpg' was successfully uploaded.
                        Rohit: One moment while I search for the information
                        Rohit: i Just need to ask,have you SIgn in or SIgn out From CC
                        Jos Zwart: Sign out
                        Rohit: Sign out and then SIgn back IN
                        Jos Zwart: I did... i can test the programm for 30 days now... the screen tells me...
                        Rohit: that means you are using the trial part.
                        Rohit: Have you received the serial key for Lr6
                        Jos Zwart: I have
                        Rohit: Excellent
                        Jos Zwart: But eveything works except the developpart
                        Jos Zwart: I can choose ... sign in.... buy a license... start testversion
                        Rohit: i am sorry to let you know, i am not trained in that part
                        Jos Zwart: And now...?
                        Jos Zwart: at 1754 you told me to transfer the chat to technical department... was surprised to get you online again... what went wrong
                        Rohit: I am sorry Jos ,but i am in the technical department
                        Jos Zwart: the filename i downloaded is Lightroom_6_LS11.exe that is the right one ? There is no solution? No one else reported this screen?
                        Rohit: yes that is the right extension, right file you would need to download
                        Jos Zwart: This is the one I downloaded and installed with
                        Jos Zwart: Is this blue screen an unknown problem?
                        Rohit: this issue occurs in case of the product Adobe LightRoom 5.0,but i am sure the product would work fine
                        Jos Zwart: I've 5.7 still installed
                        Rohit: Excellent
                        Rohit: that is great
                        Rohit: There should be no issues with the installation
                        Jos Zwart: So.... version 6 will not work here....nothing to do at this 'failure'
                        Rohit: It will definitely work, but as of the issue  :i appologize,but i am not authorised to support as per the issue
                        Jos Zwart: here it does not.... do I heve to uninstall 5 first?
                        Rohit: No need..
                        Rohit: http://www.forums.adobe.com
                        Jos Zwart: I was there... got this tip: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom -6.html
                        Jos Zwart: Did all what was said to do... still the problem... and now?
                        Rohit: As i already told, i am not trained in this part
                        Rohit: I apologize for the inconvenience.
                        Rohit: Is there anything else I can help you with?
                        Jos Zwart: So..... with that my programm still doen't work as it has to do... where can i do my complaint and get my money back?
                        Jos Zwart: Give me someone who is trained in this part, please
                        Rohit: If we would have some one, i would have definitely pass on this chat to that person
                        Jos Zwart: So... we can better close the chat... and I have to tell in the forum that Adobe has no solution for this problem?
                        Rohit: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

• 9. Re: I just installed LR6...
                          Lee Jay Level 4

Try disabling GPU acceleration in the preferences.

• 10. Re: I just installed LR6...
                            Jos Zwart Level 1

This was a great help, Lee Jay.... thank you so much.... why can't Adobe give me this answer....

• 11. Re: I just installed LR6...
                              Lee Jay Level 4

This is a user-to-user forum.  Adobe's phone and chat support is largely useless.  You'll find better support here unless the problem requires a back-end fix.

Ideally, Adobe will find and fix or provide information to fix this problem so users can use the GPU acceleration.  However, until that happens, just side-step the problem by leaving it unchecked.

• 12. Re: I just installed LR6...
                                michaelh31142354

Unbelievable how badly Adobe handled this question! I had the same problem and it is now fixed - thankyou Lee Jay!

• 13. Re: I just installed LR6...
                                  BartonGarrett256 Level 2

Adobe's phone support, as far as I can tell, was designed and is run by North Korea.  On a good day.  The forums are pretty good to very good, at least in Pr and Ae.  You will kill your self or go crazy if you rely on their phone support.  I suspect this is by design, it's much cheaper if customers solve each other's problems.  On the Pr and Ae forums staff, who are all nice and competent, do monitor and step in if required.  I suspect Lr doesn't make the money to justify that. 

I  upgraded my stand alone Lr to CC out of lazyness (I have all the other apps on cc) when I built a new editing computer last month.  That was a mistake, now I have the server busy error. It looks like a mess.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.