6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 5:14 PM by Frankie36

Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti

saljur

Hi there,

Full of pleasant anticipation about LR6 new support of Graphics Card (OpenGL) I have just purchased an upgrade.

However, in "preferences" I see the message "graphics processor acceleration ahs been disabled due to errors".

Ouch!

Can I do anything about it?

Configuration:

• Adobe LR 6.0
      • Windows 7/64 professional
      • Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti with most current drivers (claiming to support OpenGL up to 4.4)
      • Intel Xeon W360 / 20 GB RAM

best regards

George

Linz, Austria

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
          ThanatosARG Level 1

Same here.

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 350.12

Renderer: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Waiting for driver update or software update maybe

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
            saljur Level 1

In my original mail I forgot details about graphics:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 350.12

Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

several actions in LR6 are still significantly performanter compared to LR5/LR4, like switching from Grid into Develope module. Even so, OpenGl Support is supposed to be one of the major improvements in LR6, so I hope to get it through the next update.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
              ThanatosARG Level 1

Saljur, I've found an answer by my own.

1. Open your nVidia Control Panel.

2. Go to 3D Settings

3. In Program Settings, browse Lightroom.exe

4. Apply and exit.

5. Reopen Lightroom

6 . MAGIC

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
                saljur Level 1

Dear ThantosARG, thank you for this piece of Information!

It sounds rather reasoned so I gave it a try - to no avail:

* nVidia control panel did not show Adobe Phostosho Lightroom as a "program found on this computer" (it did show Adobe Photoshop CS 5 though).

* I added (full path to) Lightroom.exe manually to the nVidia program list

* applied, exited

* started Lightroom only to discover that it still has a problem with my OpenGL.

* subsequent reboot has not helped either

Maybe (nVidia) is fooled by my Windows NT 7 / 644 beeing a german language version??

Anyway, I have opened a case with nVidia as well, let us hope they are as responsive as you are:)

thanks and bye!

Juraj (saljur)

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
                  saljur Level 1

I am here again - the problem is SOLVED even for me.

Beeing a "old hand" I know that computers only pretend to be deterministic, thus I did retry:

* I rebooted again

* removed ""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightromm.exe" from nVidias control panel (this is the entry I previously added manually there)

* rebooted and started nVidia control panel again

* tried to find settings for lightroom (again), but nVidia could not see lightroom (again), so I

* added "new program" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe" again and

* appllied changes

* to no avail - LR still could not work with OpenGl

* reboot

* nVidia Control panel:

*                                   global settins: recover default settings

*                                   program settings: (tried to) select lightroom from the drop-down list, but did not find it

*                                   ADD a program: ... and there is a nice change agains previous tries now: the Lighroom was offered as a new program, I did NOT have to include full path  ("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe") any more!

*                                   (back to) program settings: select Lightroom, apply

* MAGIC, LR can work with my OpenGl since now!

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6.0 OpenGL acceleration not working with NVIDIA GTX 750Ti
                    Frankie36

THAT METHOD DOES NOT WORK...PERIOD....SUCKS.