2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 7:36 AM by trshaner

I purchsed LR5 two years ago.

melissah6222248

I just downloaded CC for PS on the free trial. I plan on signing up for the monthly subscription. SO my question is How do I update my LR without loosing all of my photos?

• 1. Re: I purchsed LR5 two years ago.
          dj_paige Level 9

When you first install and load Lightroom CC for the first time, it should find your existing catalog, convert it and you are ready to go in LIghtroom CC. You shouldn't have to do anything else to have your photos available in Lightroom CC

Edit: It does ask you if you want to upgrade the existing catalog, you should click Yes or OK or whatever it is.

• 2. Re: I purchsed LR5 two years ago.
            trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You may want to look at my post here:

Re: How do you upgrade from stand alone LR5 to LR6/CC?

The above procedure allows you to retain your previous LR5 standalone version until you have tested the CC plan version. I do this with all major Adobe app upgrades until I am sure all bugs have been identified and fixed. Unfortunately with LR 6/CC you need to do a little extra work to prevent losing your previous version Preview files. Make sure you have sufficient hard drive space to hold the duplicate Previews folder, which can be quite large.