6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2015 7:52 AM by mgrolys

Lightroom CC has stopped working ...

orucci

Hello, I upgraded lr 5.7.1 to Lr CC (via Creative Cloud) but when Lr CC lauches to upgrade the catalog I have a pop up : Lightroom has stopped working". What could be the problem ??? Many thanks

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC has stopped working ...
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need a creative cloud account and a subscription to at least the Photography plan in order to use Lightroom CC. Is that what you did, or did you simply try to upgrade your Lightroom?

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC has stopped working ...
            orucci Level 1

I have a creative cloud account and a subscription since lr 5.0 (Lr and Photoshop CC).

Lr CC is installed but when the application lauches, it requires to update the catalog and it crashes ...

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC has stopped working ...
              orucci Level 1

Hello,

Nobody can help me ?

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC has stopped working ...
                mgrolys

I have had the exact same problem and managed to get hold of a chat support person to check it out. I run LR on a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 with SP 1. After a 1 hour wait for chat and about 1 hour of the guy taking over my machine, it transpires the reason that Lightroom  hangs after catalog upgrade is that the graphics drivers on the Laptop are not compatible with Lightroom 6, Solution is upgrade drivers, I have therefore cancelled my CC subscription which I took out only 2 days ago, i have managed to get it cancelled. Also there are no updatede drivers for my laptop which essentially means Lightroom 6 is not supported on this particular laptop. I am going to stay on Lightroom 5.7 until I decide to buy a new laptop or mac. Eh oh, this has been a waste of a weekend but I hope that this solution helps. To check if this problem is related to your upgrade, check the windows event viewer when the app hangs and see if there is a problem with the aticfx64.dll if there is then you need to upgrade the drivers, if they exist !

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC has stopped working ...
                  orucci Level 1

Hello,

Indeed, the graphic card driver of my PC was not up to date.

I had to upgrade it via the AMD web site and then I could use Lr CC/6.

Thanks for your reply.

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC has stopped working ...
                    mgrolys Level 1

Orucci unfortunately there is no newer driver for my laptop, so llooks like a new laptop. I have decided to cancel Lightroom CC at the moment and just upgrade my Lightroom 5.7 standalone when i sort out a new laptop.