2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2015 11:18 AM by michael_____

Uninstalling Lightroom 5 Preference Files on Mac

michael_____

Greetings Community. I think this is my first time posting here.

Having recently come over from Aperture, I am relatively new to Lightroom (should have been w Lightroom a long time ago!). My machines are macs, all running the latest OS.

I upgraded to Lightroom CC from LR5 and would like to get rid of LR5 and its attending files. I understand that Lightroom 5 doesn't use an uninstaller for macs, and we are to move the application to the trash as per usual. However, having consulted Adobe Help, I came to this page: Preference and other file locations in Lightroom 5

and it lists a bunch of places in the user Library where one might find cache and plist and preference and template files to manually delete.

For many of these, I understand, and it's as easy as following to the folders listed, and deleting. But in /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/[preset or template folder]/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate], where there are numerous .lrtemplate files, I can't tell if they're from Lightroom 5 or CC (I don't have a Lightroom 5 subfolder within the Lightroom folder as many of the webpage examples suggest; mine just goes from Lightroom --> listing a bunch of presets folders). I'm fairly sure it's no biggie just to leave them be, but in the interest of keeping a clean house, I'm wondering if there's a way to know if all of LR5 files are gone - or updated.

Thanks for any help! I have another question but I'll start a new thread for that.  

Michael