9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2015 9:01 PM by A.T. Romano

Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13

philvong

Have Premier Elements 13.  I can create every format but the DVD format.  I can create all the HD files with no problem.  When I ask to make the DVD, it goes through the process and says completed but it didn't actually burn anything on the DVD.  The DVD is still blank.  If I monitor it, it doesn't even create the temporary file needed on my hard drive before putting it on DVD.  So I tried to create the DVD ISO and it will not create it.  It will say complete but no file will exist in the assigned directory.  Then I tried to do the DVD folder  and it will also say completed but there will be no folder in that directory either.

I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but I get the same results.

BUT if I re install my v10, everything works just fine.

My computer is a Dell XPS, with tons of memory and a high i7 core so I know I have the power and storage is not an issue.

Running Windows 8.1 PRO 64 bit

My DVD burner is a MATSHITA DVDRWBD UJ167AM - not sure why it could be this because it will not make the ISO or the DVD folder. 

I've tried doing this with my virus checker off also.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
          A.T. Romano Level 7

philvong

Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and determine if the problem exists with or without the Intel HD Graphics 2000 and Higher disabled. Does that make a difference in the burn to situation for DVD-VIDEO?

Please indicate if this issue if for DVD-VIDEO and AVCHD that is to go on the DVD disc or just DVD-VIDEO.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
            philvong Level 1

That was exactly the problem.  Thanks for your help.  Adobe should make people aware of this issue or have it off by default. 

• 3. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
              A.T. Romano Level 7

philvong

Thanks for letting us know the great news that those missing burn to files and folders were related to whether or not that Intel HD Graphics 2000 or Higher preference was disabled.

We have had several threads lately with the same issue of the iso or folder not being found in the designated save location after a seemingly successful burn to ISO Image or to Folder. So your follow up is very important. Another aspect of this issue is the burn to ISO Image or to Folder associated with error message.

I reported on ISO Image export and that preference in my Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries Blog (Item 0007) back in 2014....

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 13 Daily Discoveries

For your convenience, the following is an excerpt of that 0007. report.

0007. New Premiere Elements 13 Preference Option "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel Graphics 2000 and higher"

Today in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum a Premiere Elements 13 user posted about failed production of an ISO export in the Publish+Share/Disc/ section of the program. PRE_help responded with the suggestion to select the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel Graphics 2000 and higher" preference found Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Figure 1. Premiere Elements 13. Edit Menu/Preference/General And Option "Use Hardware Acceleration (Works On Intel HD Graphics 2000 And Higher".

The Premiere Elements 13 user responded that this suggestion worked. More details are needed on this preference, including its applicability to other operations within a project. And, it was found that this preference is a default preference. So it is not clear how this user did not have this option with check mark in the first place.

More information is definitely needed on this and will be posted as it becomes available.

Update October 15, 2014. Please see comments of PRE_help in today's Adobe Premiere Elements Forum thread.

I do not recall seeing anything further on this from Adobe in this forum. We are not Adobe here. Rather user to user. And, I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way and have no insider information on the troubleshooting going on within Adobe.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
                JudyWebster

A. T. Romano

I am having a similar problem with Premiere Elements 14, but your solution (disabling Intel HD acceleration) does not work. As soon as I select the "disc" tab, the app becomes unresponsive. It does not look like there is any disk activity. If it was working, where is the ISO file written?

Have you heard anything more on this subject since April?

Judy

• 5. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy

For burn to ISO image for DVD, Blu-ray, or AVCHD - Export & Share/Disc/ and then either DVD, Blu-ray, or AVCHD.

In the burn setup area for each, you would include your choices....

Type = default ISO Image (alternative choice Disc)

Image Name = default Adobe series of numbers (can customize)

Destination = default hard drive save location C:\Users\Owner\Documents (can customize)

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 14? What video card/graphics card does your computer use? According to Device Manager/Display Adapters/, does your computer use 1 or 2 cards?

Have you gone through the usual drill questions -

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Is the video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

3. Do you have QuickTIme 7.7.8 (7.7.6 if Windows 10) installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 14, and are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with Administrative Privileges)?

4. Try right clicking the desktop icon for Premiere Elements 14 and selecting and applying Run As Administrator.

5. Are you running the program with or without Internet connection?

Do you have installation files or disc and serial number. Depending on the results from the above, we might consider an uninstall, free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts), and reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
                    JudyWebster Level 1

A. T. Romano

Thanks for the prompt and thoughtful reply !!

Thanks for taking the time to help resolve this problem.

Your idea to "run as admin" did not work. Nice try.

Thanks for the information about the ISO file, but I never get to the "burn setup area" because as soon as I push the "dvd" button, it hangs.

I am running Windows 10 with one video card (AMD-Radeon HD8570) and 2 displays. Windows says the driver is up-to-date, but the AMD web site has a newer driver. I installed the new driver and associated AMD software.

I have QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows 10. However, it didn't launch, and so I reinstalled it, and now it runs.

The Premiere Elements 14 installation was web based with the McAfee firewall and real-time scanning on when installed. I will consider your idea to I uninstall and reinstall it. I'm not so sure about ccleaner.

Judy

• 7. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy

Thanks for the follow up.

McAfee is notorious for its problems with Premiere Elements (any version), so please disable it until your troubleshooting is completed.

Please re-consider the free ccleaner (no horror stories with its use, but it is highly effective in getting rid of leftovers from incomplete Adobe and non Adobe uninstalls/reinstalls).

You might want to disable one of the displays to determine if that has any impact on your issues.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
                        JudyWebster Level 1

A. T. Romano

IT IS WORKING !! 

I can burn ISO and direct to DVD from Premiere Elements 14.

Either fixing QuickTime or the new video driver fixed the problem. Apparently, over the past 9 months, a windows 10 patch or something else messed up both QuickTime and the AMD tools. Neither was working. I removed/reinstalled QuickTime, and I downloaded all new AMD drivers and software.

Thanks again taking the time to help resolve this problem. You post prompted me to check QuickTime and AMD software, and I found they were broken. Thanks!

Judy

• 9. Re: Can not create DVD or DVD ISO or DVD folder - Premier Elements 13
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Judy

Wonderful, wonderful news. Thanks you for exploring the suggestions. Appreciated.

You did a great job.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR