3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2007 9:00 AM by Newsgroup_User

Correct file locations

Eyesaretired
      Hi there. I'm cleaning up my files for a website, The Clinic, and want to make sure I've got things in the right folders. Folders are:
      The Clinic
      -Images
      -Templates

I've created a popup menu in FW and exported it to DW.

I'm not sure where I need to keep my .js files, the .css files and the html file created from FW.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Correct file locations
          Level 7
          I believe FW will create those directories for you. I would just keep
          them that way unless you have a good reason to change them.

alex

Eyesaretired wrote:
          > Hi there. I'm cleaning up my files for a website, The Clinic, and want to
          > make sure I've got things in the right folders. Folders are:
          > The Clinic
          > -Images
          > -Templates
          >
          > I've created a popup menu in FW and exported it to DW.
          >
          > I'm not sure where I need to keep my .js files, the .css files and the html
          > file created from FW.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          • 2. Re: Correct file locations
            Eyesaretired Level 1
            I guess when I'm in Fireworks and create a png file which I then export to Dreamweaver as an html file and it also creates a gif, I want to know where these 3 files should go, not necessarily where they may go by default. Do all the image files for popup menus go into my Images folder?

Which if any of the 3 files MUST go into the same folder as my index.html file?

What's happening is because I've done several versions of a png file, I've got alot of files that I don't need. I want to have a clean, lean, mean (you get the drift) directory of just files I need.

I also want to create a css file of the popup menu code but from other postings I've read about where to cut and paste and where to paste to, it's confusing.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Correct file locations
              Level 7
              The css file should have the same name as the html file you exported.
              The images file location can be specified in the the Export Dialog box -
              down at the bottom.

Eyesaretired wrote:
              > I guess when I'm in Fireworks and create a png file which I then export to
              > Dreamweaver as an html file and it also creates a gif, I want to know where
              > these 3 files should go, not necessarily where they may go by default. Do all
              > the image files for popup menus go into my Images folder?
              >
              > Which if any of the 3 files MUST go into the same folder as my index.html file?
              >
              > What's happening is because I've done several versions of a png file, I've got
              > alot of files that I don't need. I want to have a clean, lean, mean (you get
              > the drift) directory of just files I need.
              >
              > I also want to create a css file of the popup menu code but from other
              > postings I've read about where to cut and paste and where to paste to, it's
              > confusing.
              >
              > Thanks.
              >