4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2015 8:22 PM by Jann Lipka

Is there a "batch" mode for HDR

PatrickIsb Level 1

I found out that I didn't have to wait until an HDR merge was finished to launch the next one, by pressing Shift-Ctrl-H instead of Ctrl-H (on Windows)

However, if I have let's say about 30 images that I want to merge into 10 HDR images, I'll have to select each group of 3 images and then press Shift-Ctrl-H. This works equaly well if I pre-select the images by grouping each bracketed view into a stack.

Now, ideally what I'd like to have is: create the 10 stacks each with 3 images, select the 10 stacks, launch a batch process to merge each stack, instead of having to repeat launching the HDR fro each stack one by one...

Is tehre a way to achieve that?

• 1. Re: Is there a "batch" mode for HDR
          Jann Lipka

Yes - As HDR seems to be the only one feature that is usefull ( image Process 2012 still unchanged ????   )
          a bit pity that batch ability seems to be unsupported .

Also I thought stacking could be a part of this batch processing - but of course that would need
          improvement of most useless stacking method of them all -  auto stack " by capture time "  ( it looks good on presentations only )
          I have ever never had any luck to get proper bracket stacking with this one .
          It should work as it works in HDR programs like Photomatix -
          Stack 3 consequent selected images at time ( or 5 or 7 ) .
          And batch HDR - PLEASE !

Regarding Shortcuts . Tooltip shows ( on mac ) Shift H
          but it is ctrl H that gets HDR dialog.

• 2. Re: Is there a "batch" mode for HDR
            ScaryFamous Level 1

Actually I do a ton of HDR with Enfuse and the auto stacking feature works great. The secret is timing your shots correctly so it doesn't get stacked incorrectly. For me, I use a 10 sec count down shutter to separate each shot. If the subject is bright enough, I can do a 15 sec auto stack and everything is fine. If the subject is dark, then you would have to increase the auto stack time to a higher value along with the corresponding count down shutter.  You could also go wait a bit between shots if a longer exposure is required. Its actually quite simple to get it to work.

Anyways, I am super disappointed with the fact that they did not do a batch mode for this HDR feature. Seems like a very simple detail.

• 3. Re: Is there a "batch" mode for HDR
              PatrickIsb Level 1

Yes, I have also been using Enfuse for years, and while I'm not too happy either with auto-stacking, I found the way Enfuse batch mode is working quite useful.
              After trying out Lightroom CC HDR feature, I consider that it gives better results thane Enfuse, at least for what I'm doing.

Add a batch mode similar to what Enfuse does and you have the perfect winning combination!

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Is there a "batch" mode for HDR
                Jann Lipka Level 1

Yes LR6 HDR is nice ( but more HDRish  look then Enfuse )

I came  home with 300 images  bracketed ( panorama projekt for a customer )  today

Its clear for me now that new  LR is made for Adobe enthusiast  Amateur Photographers in mind - not Pros ...

( plenty of Adobe emplyees are photo amateurs  ) that is the reason they completely omit Batch need for HDR.

HDR processing of 300 + images is a horror .
                ( for example  if I filter images by label - this filtering goes off the second I start HDR processing ... )
                So i went back to Photomatix workflow .