• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I copy only a couple of paragraphs of text? Chapter won't cooperate.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to copy a section of another user's installation chapter, the entire document is selected. I only need a few paragraphs, not the whole thing. I have done this before with other documents without any difficulty. What is going wrong? Many thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

If you're trying to select just a few paragraphs and the entire document is selected when you click anywhere, then it sounds like the content has been imported by reference in the document that you are trying to copy from. You will have to find the source document and copy from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to select just a few paragraphs and the entire document is selected when you click anywhere, then it sounds like the content has been imported by reference in the document that you are trying to copy from. You will have to find the source document and copy from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! I would not have thought of that, as the content was all text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines