1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 23, 2015 3:57 AM by johnhawk666

why can I not also have LR6

gp7024 Level 1

I have a perpetual licenced LR5 and use Photoshop CC.

I do not wish to risk losing usage of LR so to upgrade to LR6 it is imperative I have a perpetual licence upgrade.

However on trying to buy this using my one and only account ID Adobe refuses to sell LR6 upgrade because I have CC on this account.

Adobe is telling me to open a second account if I want a second copy of a product.

This seems obtuse as I already have two copies of LR on the account.  Didn't raise this issue on signing up for CC when I already had LR5.

Will my current copy of LR5 be honoured for upgrade if do open a second account?

What should I do, for example will the issue go away if I cancel my CC licence?

• 1. Re: why can I not also have LR6
          johnhawk666 Level 3

Will my current copy of LR5 be honoured for upgrade if do open a second account?

THere's no honouring involoved, as the mere possession of a previous copy of Lr makes no difference to upgrading - you need to create a new Adobe ID as suggested,  buy the upgrade, install it and enter the new serial number at the appropriate place.

This may seem like a frightful kludge to us all, but it's the best way around Adobe labyrinthine system.