• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make payment processors use total amount without VAT?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this:

I want the shop to show the price of each product including VAT (without separately showing what the VAT amount is that is already in the price), so in the category view, detail view and quick view (see for example Aanbiedingen). When customers add items to the cart it should show THERE what the VAT% is (can be both 6% or 21%) as well as the VAT amount. BUT it should NOT include this VAT amount in the total amount of the invoice/cart because the product price is already including VAT.

So all we want to do is demonstrate in the cart/invoice what the actual VAT% and VAT amount is that is calculated in the product price, nothing more. So people can use the invoice for their administration etc.

However, when changing all the tags in the cart/invoice to make sure it shows the correct amounts like this, Paypal still uses the total amount of the invoice and ADDS the VAT. I guess it is programmed to use the tag (not sure if my assumption is correct):

{tag_invoicetotal}

But to make it work for our situation we change this to:

{tag_invoicetotalextaxamount}

So all is set perfectly but payment processors don't use this tag.

Is there a way we can still make this work? Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!!

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines