Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't uninstall creative cloud for desktop

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The new update for creative cloud came in today. Several error happened and now I am completely unable to uninstall my creative cloud.

This is what happened:

1. The creative cloud shut itself down during the first update attempt. I restarted the computer. Previously when I did this the updated creative cloud would be there. This time, creative cloud wasn't updated.

2. I tried updating again. An error happened and my windows start bar and icons all disappeared. I was forced to restart my computer. Now, creative cloud is in the program, by clicking Uninstall on add and remove program show no response at all. As a last ditch attempt I try to just let the creative cloud setup operate. Apparently the installation was a success, but now when I cannot uninstall my creative cloud at all.

I want to uninstall and reinstall my creative cloud just to make sure everything is okay. Except I am getting this message:

Capture.PNG

Please help, I don't know why I cannot install my creative cloud at all.

My system info is as below:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2014.2.2 20141204.r.310 2014/12/04:23:59:59 CL 994532  x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:10, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2893 MHz

Built-in memory: 8174 MB

Free memory: 4556 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 7147 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

3D Multitone Printing: Disabled.

Windows 2x UI: Disabled.

Highbeam: Enabled.

Image tile size: 1024K

Image cache levels: 4

Font Preview: Large

TextComposer: Latin

Display: 1

Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1080, right=1920

OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.

OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.

OpenGL Drawing Mode: Advanced

OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.

OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: True.

AIFCoreInitialized=1

AIFOGLInitialized=1

OGLContextCreated=1

NumGLGPUs=1

NumCLGPUs=1

glgpu[0].GLVersion="3.0"

glgpu[0].GLMemoryMB=2048

glgpu[0].GLName="GeForce GT 530/PCIe/SSE2"

glgpu[0].GLVendor="NVIDIA Corporation"

glgpu[0].GLVendorID=4318

glgpu[0].GLDriverVersion="9.18.13.3165"

glgpu[0].GLRectTextureSize=16384

glgpu[0].GLRenderer="GeForce GT 530/PCIe/SSE2"

glgpu[0].GLRendererID=3557

glgpu[0].HasGLNPOTSupport=1

glgpu[0].GLDriver="nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um"

glgpu[0].GLDriverDate="20131023000000.000000-000"

glgpu[0].CanCompileProgramGLSL=1

glgpu[0].GLFrameBufferOK=1

glgpu[0].glGetString[GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION]="4.40 NVIDIA via Cg compiler"

glgpu[0].glGetProgramivARB[GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB][GL_MAX_PROGRAM_INSTRUCTIONS_ARB]=[16384]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS]=[4]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[192]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[32]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS]=[32]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_DRAW_BUFFERS]=[8]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS]=[4096]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS]=[2048]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VARYING_FLOATS]=[124]

glgpu[0].glGetIntegerv[GL_MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS]=[16]

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_PROGRAM]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_SHADER]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_FRAGMENT_SHADER]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_EXT_FRAMEBUFFER_OBJECT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_TEXTURE_FLOAT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_OCCLUSION_QUERY]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_VERTEX_BUFFER_OBJECT]=1

glgpu[0].extension[AIF::OGL::GL_ARB_SHADER_TEXTURE_LOD]=1

clgpu[0].CLPlatformVersion="1.1"

clgpu[0].CLDeviceVersion="1.1 CUDA"

clgpu[0].CLMemoryMB=2048

clgpu[0].CLName="GeForce GT 530"

clgpu[0].CLVendor="NVIDIA Corporation"

clgpu[0].CLVendorID=4318

clgpu[0].CLDriverVersion="331.65"

clgpu[0].CUDASupported=1

clgpu[0].CUDAVersion="6.0.1"

clgpu[0].CLBandwidth=2.20386e+010

clgpu[0].CLCompute=73.4826

License Type: Subscription

Serial number: 91190184317178587057

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\

Temporary file path: C:\Users\TWUSHI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\

Photoshop scratch has async I/O enabled

Scratch volume(s):

C:\, 456.0G, 350.1G free

D:\, 456.5G, 422.0G free

Required Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Required\Plug-Ins\

Primary Plug-ins folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Plug-ins\

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Hi - Please refer the page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html, on how to uninstall the Creative Cloud Desktop app without having to worry about uninstalling CC apps.

Once done, you can trigger a fresh download of Creative Cloud desktop app from https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud or upon initiating download of any other Creative Cloud apps (say, Ps, Ai) from http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html.

Please note that i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out of your account... Uninstall... run the Cleaner...

-http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html (and uninstall)

-using the cleaner after uninstalling and before reinstalling is needed

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Restart your computer... Sign in to your account... Reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion John. I gave it a shot, but everytime I try to uninstall (whether or not I sign out, or I quit CC altogether), the above message still appears.

It would only let me uninstall  it only after I uninstalled my photoshop application too (only application I have on my CC). The uninstalling completed with error, but when I restarted my PC the add and remove program said it completed the uninstallation and removed the program from my add and remove tool.

After which I tried to run the cleaner, but it couldn't find creative cloud. Only the adobe application manager (am I right in thinking that is not the same thing?)

So now I managed to reinstall my creative cloud, and also my photoshop. Fingers crossed nothing weird happens again.

This is so strange. I hadn't had such a troublesome cc update in quite a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I have the same issue - trying to uninstall the Desktop application (get the same pop up) but I refuse to uninstall all my Adobe applications I have on my computer. Would take too long - uninstall the lot and then installing everything!?!  I wonder if there's a proper way to deal with this?

cc.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error. Trying to uninstall Creative Cloud because like many other people, my Creative Cloud update/install menu is completely blank. I'm on a mac, I've closed the Creative Cloud app in Activity Monitor, but it still wont let me unistall the software, keep getting the above error message. A solution to this would be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help others but I just found a solution by manually downloading the Creative Cloud uninstaller, closing the existing Creative Cloud app, and running the uninstaller. Link is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-cloud/kb/Error_Code_2_failed_update/_jcr_content/ma...

found here:

Error Code 2 failed updating Creative Cloud Desktop app

hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only successful at this by uninstalling all of my Adobe apps in the Controls Panel. And then last uninstalling Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Please refer the page https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html, on how to uninstall the Creative Cloud Desktop app without having to worry about uninstalling CC apps.

Once done, you can trigger a fresh download of Creative Cloud desktop app from https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud or upon initiating download of any other Creative Cloud apps (say, Ps, Ai) from http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html.

Please note that ideally Creative Cloud desktop app should always be installed on the desktop (and kept up-to-date) for the best Creative Cloud experience and avoid any missing functionality scenario.

Thanks,

Charat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Plain English Answer.

Problem is with the desktop app.  Use the links given above to uninstall the desktop app.

Then use the cleaner.

Then reinstall the desktop app.

Then when you sign in you can download all the apps in your plan via the desktop app.

That worked for me, and I know nothing about 'programming' and all that technical stuff.

Hope this helps

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this doesn't help at all. every attempt at uninstall returns the same message "you can't uninstall with CC apps.

please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you share a reason for uninstalling Creative Cloud desktop app? It is recommended to have it installed & running on your machine for the best experience working with Creative Cloud apps & services.

In any case, please use the uninstaller pointed to from the following page (see sections for Windows and Mac) to be able to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

You can install it back again by following the instructions on the page (Download and reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.).

Thanks,

Charat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC has been in hang status for weeks--every time I launch the app. My only solution is to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm you must use the uninstaller pointed to by the link. After that download the desktop app and reinstall. Good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work. Still get the "couldn't uninstall creative cloud for desktop." message.

Here is what worked for me on Mac OS X 10.9.5... Use browser to download Creative Cloud from Adobe. Install. Open Creative Cloud on toolbar, problem is gone.
No uninstalling used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same problem on the macbook. You cannot delete creative cloud unless you delete the other related applications such as Illustrator. Delete these first and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you insist on uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud app, Adobe provides a standalone Adobe Creative Cloud uninstaller that can forcefully remove the app from your system. The utility is provided as a way to help users who are facing problems such as corrupted Creative Cloud desktop app, or are having problems installing some Creative Cloud apps with the expectation that Adobe Creative Cloud will be reinstalled after uninstallation is done. However, you need not to reinstall the Adobe Creative Cloud again if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines