• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deactivate LR6?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ordered the full version of the LR6 and to get the upgrade price I must deactivate current copy and replace it...but there's no deactivation under help...so what does one do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Lightroom has no deactivation mechanism.  Do you have a link you can share where the information regarding deactivation is provided?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has no deactivation mechanism.  Do you have a link you can share where the information regarding deactivation is provided?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned, I have the same issue - I spoke to Chat support and they requested I deactivate my local copy of Lightroom (since I was moving to CC). This is the information they sent to me, which doesn't work (hence why I started googling it and found this thread):

Me: Thanks - how do I deactivate the software?

Agent: Launch the product >> You have two options: Organize and Edit>> Click on 

Agent: Edit>> Help> Deactivate.

Agent: Please follow the above steps to deactivate the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see where you are discussing LR6 in what you posted so that could be part of the problem if the chat person did not realize that - some can only read what is in front of them.  LR5.x and earlier are an anomaly in that they do not follow the normal activation/deactivation scheme of all other adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason that you do not see me mention LR6 is because I thought it was obvious that didn't copy the whole of the chat transcript. I was contacting them about LR6 and the discussion was around that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try not to assume anything but what I can see from what is presented.  LR6 can be deactivated so if that is what you were discussing then the chat person was correct with what they said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm confused - you previously said that "Lightroom has no deactivation mechanism." and now "LR6 can be deactivated"

LR6 may have a way of deactivating it, I have no idea - however when I follow the instructions given to me by the chat agent for LR6, I see no way of deactivating it as the instructions do not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines