2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 12:11 PM by andyr76468307

Is there a difference between Lightroom CC  and  Lightroom 5.7?

philipps99

Is there a difference between Lightroom CC  and  Lightroom 5.7? If so, is the upgrade from Lightoom 5.7 to  Lightroom CC for free?

• 1. Re: Is there a difference between Lightroom CC  and  Lightroom 5.7?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes the two programs are different. Lightroom CC has a number of new features added to it. They include HDR and panorama creation, brushes for the graduated filter and the radial filter, face recognition, support for new cameras, just to mention a few. Lightroom CC is a free upgrade for those who have subscribed to the creative cloud plan. Lightroom 6 (the standalone version) is a paid upgrade. The price is $79.

• 2. Re: Is there a difference between Lightroom CC  and  Lightroom 5.7?
            andyr76468307

Warning! Lightroom CC is a dog at the moment. Don't upgrade.  Added features for sure, but the performance is dreadful, it takes literally hours to import and process large numbers of files.  My last session of 300 Canon CR2 took three hours just to import, rendering previews took another three.  My machine is no slouch, i7, 24GB RAM (not that Lightroom accesses more than 4GB anyway) Nvidia Quadro 4000 graphics, and images on a CalDigit Raid.  Look in the forums for poor performance, and wait for Adobe to fix this.